Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Peckys performance - darwin

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Hey guys,
So i have read enough and spoke to enough to people to KNOW that a mafless tune on my VX SS WILL result in it going from 225kw to at least 300kw+

I went to this place up here in Darwin to speak to them and i nearly fainted when they told me this

"Mafless tune will not give you any extra power"
"Mafless tune is only good with a cam"
"Buy a VE because you will never make any real power with a VX"

Basically, i have read enough and spoke to enough people down south to realize that these clowns have no idea about anything...

If anyone wants to correct any of this please feel free however i reckon that all the entire LS1 community can not be wrong!

Just a warning to any LS1 guys out there that this company has not made a good first impression.....i think ill get a mail order instead and prove them wrong with some dyno charts!!!

ConstantVelocity

Reaction score
Members Ride
VTII SS M6
You'll definately get a good increase cause the stock vx tune really sucks... and they do make good power, especially considering the weight advantage over a VE. But you'll need extractors and high flow/opened up cats to get up around 300 kw if you don't have them yet. OTR intake will help too, or at least MCAI/two hole mod and maffless pipe etc etc.

Get a full exhaust, OTR, mail order tune and prove them wrong I say!

fixitdude74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II CALAIS 5.7 A4
Speak to Sam from Sam's Performance, he is the "Guru" on LS1's, not knocking pecky, but sam knows more about the LS chevs.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
They sound like real clowns! I notice a good improvement when I just had intake malfess and zorst and any of the LS v8s will make good power

to get 300 at the wheels, you will need obviously intake, mafless full zorst and a big cam should get u between 280 - 290rkw and if u go as far as heads can get into the 320rkw area

even found this vid for ya! VX Commodore LS1 with cam and heads - YouTube

cheers mate

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
300kw at the wheels won't happen with the current engine, I just wanna get some more power and better economy until I buy and work the crate motor

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
LOL tell old mate to stick with hondas.

Just sounds like he was trying to upsell you onto a cam, then sell you his mates VE.

bigstu

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss,vn calais 355
I got a mail order maffless for my vx off ebay from apc_performance for only $200 bucks no exchange and its awesome really feel the difference of power/drivability and economy.I have full exhaust system and the k&n air pod setup behind the headlight and the tune is based on a 3ookw tune and tweeked for your mods it would be better done on a dyno but when you compare $200 to $1000 what the local dyno place wants it pretty damn good but in saying that the local place said they can touch up tunes for $350 so im thinking of getting a otr and touch up tune on the dyno and im still gunna save money over getting it done on the dyno first off.

itsagixa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
I think the el cheapie mail order tune will suit what I need at this point in time,
I'm gonna go see this clown and take a before and after dyno sheet with me