Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders- did i get a good price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VTmadS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1
thanks for the responses guys,
the first time i went around there i left with a quote for $4000 for the pedders megamultiadustableincarawesomnescoilovers and immediately swore to never come back unless i knew exacly what i was asking for.

I've decided to use the workshop here in cairns just because everything thats going on, is because i want it to got on. and i figure if something scews up i only have to point the finger at one place instead of 2 (i've had that expeiance before).

Torquative

Sports Economy
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 3.6L SIDI 6sp
also Monroe make the genuine shock absorbers :hmmm:

Pedders seem to have a bad name because of the majority of workshops giving it a bad name, the same way most of us can name a holden service center we wouldnt go to, yet we still own their product and it doesnt mean their ALL like that.

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
so ive done my shopping around and have eventualy settled with pedders to do my new shocks/bearings/camber kit. They beat the next nearest price by around a hundred in the parts depatment and claim to be giving me far better shocks then the other guys (gt gas monroe shocks Vs the comfort gas shocks from pedders). anyway it costs $1300 for the shocks+ parts and labour. Am i getting a good price?

the quote is attached, its for a VT sedan
I'd want it to be alot less than that given they're only quoting you on comfort gas shocks. GT Sport's are ok, and definitely the pick of the Monroe range, but I'd still take KYB, or Boge if you were after a comfort option. As a package price we could do KYB shocks, Front Strut Tops with bearings and a Whiteline 4 pt camber kit for $700 flat.

SIG-054

Reaction score
Members Ride
Y-Series Senator Signature
go for the above as greg said or go all out and get Pedders Coilovers.

tattoowrx

Reaction score
source the parts yourself and get them fitted by a local mechanic, i have always found that is the cheapest option than paying a big franchise like pedders!

black as

Reaction score
Members Ride
I have 2 cars VZ sv8 6 litre and VU ute 5.7 litre
source the parts yourself and get them fitted by a local mechanic, i have always found that is the cheapest option than paying a big franchise like pedders!

Totally agree.........................:beer chug:

Degeko

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VS Calais 5.0L, MY12 VE SV6
After working at a pedders store for 4 years i will agree that some stores give pedders a bad name. Most will oversell and tell you your car is falling apart when its not really that bad, BUT their parts are good and by the most part the installations/wheel alignments are done to the highest standard, Unlike most tyre shops that dont know s*it about aligning but do it anyway.
As for monroe shocks being made in the same factory, Yes the housing is made in the same factory but the valves and seals are done by pedders and are different configuration to monroe. Same goes for their coils they are made in house.
As for everything else rubbers/bushes/balljoints etc. they are re-named nolathane/other brands you can get from supercheap. Your best value for money will be KYB shocks and get your local mechanic to do it.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Some of the work involved in replacing springs and shocks is very basic and you could save a bit by doing those things yourself. The rear springs and shocks are really quite straightforward and don't need a lot of tools or a degree to replace.

The front end is a bit more involved, but can still be done with only a set of spring compressors required as a special tool. Bushes are a different matter - you can do them by yourself but they can be a mongrel and you are probably better off having them installed professionally.

Can't comment on camber kits - never had a car that needed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.