Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

'pedders or kings' vx berlina

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
In need of a opinion, VX Berlina 2001

Hi all, I have a VX Berlina 2001 Series 1 Sedan. Just had Genuine FE2 shock & springs fitted by Holden (not happy)! For comfort its great, but not for looks. I am looking at changing my springs to either Pedders or Kings, i was thinking of the kings super lows, but after talking with pedders they reckon it will be to low & illegal ride height in Adelaide SA. Not sure what to do, i want the wheels closer to the guard than FE2, fill in the gap. Pedders recommend their FE2 springs, they reckon they will sit lower then OEM FE2, any thoughts??? I have 17" SS RIMS and want my car to sit level. Any suggestions or input would be appreciated, Cheers.

Last edited:

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
of corse pedders will tell you that, they want you to buy there product.
king super low for a vt-vy v6 sedan are khfl-47sl and khrl-46hd, and will give you aprox 340mm from centre of wheel to guard, give or take a little.
kings fe2 equivelant are aprox 10-15mm higher than there super lows.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
Hi Glenn, thanks for your input! Will this combination of kings give me a level ride, are they legal? Aren't the rear HD's heavy duty? I have kids that sit in the back seat, is there another option for the rear that will match the fronts and still give me a nice level ride?

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
With kids in the back, the 46HD will still sag. You'd be better going to KHRL-46HHD. My VT has superlows and I never get pulled over.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    250.8 KB · Views: 2,138
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 900
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,097

glenn l

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
Hi Glenn, thanks for your input! Will this combination of kings give me a level ride, are they legal? Aren't the rear HD's heavy duty? I have kids that sit in the back seat, is there another option for the rear that will match the fronts and still give me a nice level ride?
it will sit up a little bit in the rear, but not much, if you want it more level some khrl-46slhd will be about 10mm lower, but if you put kids in the back i would keep with the 46hd's.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
With kids in the back, the 46HD will still sag. You'd be better going to KHRL-46HHD. My VT has superlows and I never get pulled over.

Will that firm up the rear to much though? And will I need camber kits in the rear?

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
it will sit up a little bit in the rear, but not much, if you want it more level some khrl-46slhd will be about 10mm lower, but if you put kids in the back i would keep with the 46hd's.

Hey Glenn, right so what's the difference SLHD & HD? I'm usually in the car 80% of the time without kids,I just want a nice level ride I would prefer slightly lower in the rear than the front.

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
kings is aussies leading spring maker. in fact i dont think there is anyone else, kings make lovells and pedders springs.....just they get shipped to lovells and pedders so they can make some cash.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
SLHD sits about the same as a KINGS SSL spring, HD sits about the same as a KING SL spring.

I have SLHD in my clubby to reduce it's squat under acceleration, but overall they are just a stiffer spring more commonly used for vehicles that tow.

I have pedder SSL equiv in the front, the SLHD in the back and the car is basically level.

occtec

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 MY15
kings is aussies leading spring maker. in fact i dont think there is anyone else, kings make lovells and pedders springs.....just they get shipped to lovells and pedders so they can make some cash.

Pedders are a harder spring, so I've been told