Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pedders XA Coilovers Yes/No

Senator01

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6.2
Hey all,

Apologies if already discussed. I am considering the XA Coilovers suspension package from Pedders for my VF Redline. I can get a good price and was after any input from those who have already done this or have had experience with Pedders.

I want a similar ride characteristic to current but with a lower stance. As we all know, the VF sits like a tractor from factory. Also looking at TEIN Comfort Sport, but have price v performance return in mind.

Wheels replacement will be VFS-5 from Vossen in 20".

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited:

Bardygrub

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ba fairlane
Check out the "similar threads" section below.

Mostly negative, but personally have never had them.

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
I have them on my VF SV6 wagon. Installed in July about two weeks after buying the car from new.

I bloody love em. Great ride and handling. Obviously they're firmer than stock. But still quite comfortable. And the beauty is you can adjust the damper rates and what not. I had a tinker with mine and I could feel the difference as I changed the settings.

Adjustable ride height is quick and easy. Comes in super handy if you're gonna load the boot up for a road trip and don't wanna scrub. Just raise the rears, then drop it back once you're home.

Two thumbs up from me...

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
There are a multitude of stories all over the net about Pedders Coilovers failing.

I looked into them a few years back and a suspension place that I really trust who also sold and installed them told me to steer clear.

In fact they said if I didn’t wish to step up the grade then why not buy a cheaper brand and roll the same dice and save yourself some money in the process.

The thing with these failures is they were a number of years ago and since then Pedder’s has had the manufacturer make improvements so all those old threads and comments are now null and void.

I’m not going to say the new ones are any good as I’ve never used them and they could easily still be rubbish but I’d be seeking out more opinions of owners like waynebatt who has been running them for about 12 months while disregarding the old threads that are around.

Therefore I’d also take the question to General Discussion in the Holden Commodore Tuning, Modification and Development section of the forum where you may get a greater input of recent experiences.

As a side note and me being someone who stands firm on getting what I pay for, I’d speak to Pedders and mention the bad rap you’ve heard about and ask if they are prepared to put in writing they will return your car back to stock at their cost no questions asked if they fail within the first 12 months.

If they agree to guarantee this in writing over and above the warranty it will give you confidence that Pedders are prepared to back their product without the bull.

If they don't then I would possibly rethink it.

kiwicon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V8 Manual
BC coil overs are good, had them before (not on a commy thou)..

What you should be asking yourself is can the coilovers be rebuilt when they flog out..

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Hey all,

Wheels replacement will be VSF-5 from Vossen in 20".

Any photos of these rims, I haven't been able to find them on Google.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
BC coil overs are good, had them before (not on a commy thou)..

What you should be asking yourself is can the coilovers be rebuilt when they flog out..

BC Racing are popular with the Ricers and have a rep for holding up pretty well and most of them can be rebuilt.

I know a couple of fellows with them and they say they’re great, a bit harsh but work well.

In saying that BC makes a very wide range at many different price points and it depends on where the Pedders coilovers fall into that equation on how good the quality is.

BC Racing Australia - Suspension Kits, Coilovers

waynebatt

Only milk should be 2L
Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 VF SV6 Storm Sportwagon
Wheels replacement will be VSF-5 from Vossen in 20".

Im wondering what ones you mean too. Because VSF isn't a vossen name. Its VFS, and there is only VFS1 and VFS2 (I Have Silver VFS1's on my wagon).... Or do you mean VPS-305?? or CV5??