Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Petrol issues.... no power

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
yeah thnx HDT_aero.. will try that...

fitzy2005

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Berlina
hmm, thats a very confusing subject, let us know what the prob was when you get it sorted :p

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
just an update....

fuel pressure test was done.. was reading 320KPA, somewhat 80kpa over the rec. reading.... put a new fuel regulator in, seemed to work for one day then she played up again on Petrol...

theres not much left that can be stuffed except for the main computer... btw injectors were done a while ago so......

she idles fine and is ok till about 40kmh... ty to open her up and she has no power

:bang:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
sounds liek its running too rich, could be something to do with the throttle position switch because that tells the computer how much fuel to dump in after it has been adjusted to the amount of airflow

vt1538

455rwhp LS3
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS S2 11.284@125mph
Check your regulator again, if it was blocked once it could be blocked again

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
the regulator was a s/h just pulled off a car..... plus both fuel lines from the firewall to the rail were changed also.....

futronix

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 MY12.5
boona15 said:
sounds liek its running too rich, could be something to do with the throttle position switch because that tells the computer how much fuel to dump in after it has been adjusted to the amount of airflow

I had the throttle position sensor in my head as something being the cause but im pretty sure it wasent touched by one of the mechanics who did some work on it...

Whats involved in getting it adjusted right???

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
that im not too sure on because i tend to not touch things that i dont know about :D
i ahve a flow chart which has a few valuable things on it to advise me of things lol... if it aint fudged dont touch it......if it is, let someone else do it!

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
At a wild guess, it could be a sensor on the way out. oxygen, air flow, temp sensors. Or possibly a dicky connection going between these sensors and the ecu. Could be a pain to diagnose. I often find getting your car on the dyno with diagnostics hooked up can help solve intermittant issues very quickly with minimal hair tearing out. Only draw back, it costs you.