Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pickles auctions

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
If the car yard people are bidding - you wont win at a good price unless they have filled the quota..... Auctions go in cycles so you may need to go for upto 5 or more week. Set your price and stick to it. I bid on 6 cars before I won a vx s/c 2001 ex telstra car. just over a year ago I paid 15,100 and had 51,000kms on it. It was red.....so sad its gone now.

paddyj

Reaction score
Website
www.paddyjoy.com
Members Ride
VY Berlina
Will keep an eye on fowles but they don't have what I'm looking for at the moment.

Have about 15k budget + my vn which I can get 500-1000 trade in for.

This is my first time buying a car of this value, it's really daunting even when I know what I'm looking for. I have noticed the good ones( <80Km) go very fast.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
Will keep an eye on fowles but they don't have what I'm looking for at the moment.

Have about 15k budget + my vn which I can get 500-1000 trade in for.

This is my first time buying a car of this value, it's really daunting even when I know what I'm looking for. I have noticed the good ones( <80Km) go very fast.

you'll get an ex-fleet/government vy for that easy, in SA vz's with low km are making 17-18k. If you can stand white or silver you'll get one cheaper too.:p

JSTPOZN

S.A. The Defect State
Reaction score
Members Ride
Air Bagged VR Calais, VLCT RB20, VLCT EFI V8 Turbo
i know someone that buys them from there fixs them and sells them for hell more then what he pays thousands profit.. there great if you need a doner car..
BUT

make sure you check it out perfectly and dont be stupid on things thing about it when your looking at it and i recommend interstate buyers to not buy without looking

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
what happened it?

Had to sell to pay for a sub-division of some land - cost 15k to do - car got sold to pay for it:cry:

Toy gone....

Will buy again one day - the S/C VX was soooo cool.:yeah:

kipela

Go the VY!
Reaction score
Website
www.kipela.com
Members Ride
2004 VY Series II Executive
Bought mine through Pickles Auctions in Brissie about 8 months ago - picked up a 2004 VY Series II Executive, 56,000kms, not a mark on it, ex-fleet car and they had just thrown 12 months rego on it for $14,500 :)

Insider source told me that around March-June is a good time to buy from Pickles (when I did) as a lot of government and ex-fleets are sold off in this period either with no rego or full rego if you manage to get one at the right time. A fair few companies renew all their rego's in the same month and release them to Auctions when they wanna get rid of them to upgrade their fleet - so keep a look out for that.

I was patient with my purchase and it paid off - I went to their auctions every week for about 4-5 weeks till a good buy came along. But as someone said above keep notes of ones you see, as they don't always sell through auction. If their prices are too high and they keep getting passed in, they'll put them through week after week for 3-4 weeks - if it doesn't sell they'll release it for a cheaper price at the end of the cycle as its taking up lot space. Pickles most of the time are only after what is owing on each car plus a small profit for lot fees.

Some other good buys friends of mine have gotten from Pickles in the last year:

2005 XR8, 12,000kms, immaculate - $24,000
2004 VY Calais, 5.7, 45,000kms, full options - $21,000

Last edited:

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Oh no that must have been a very hard decision!

Agony Agony and well full on sadness.
It went, stopped and turned like no other car I'd had.

AND it was RED:cry:

One day I'll go back and get me one again.:thumbsup: