Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics of ssssl rear/sssl front?

Troy711

Retired Old Fart
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2011 Mitsubishi Pajero GLS
I want the car to sit level..isn't that achieved by going one step lower at the rear than the front?

Depends on where you want it level, at the sills or the gaurds. The VE sits arse-high from factory, it's just the way the body is designed but the bottom of the door sills are level. If you go lower in the rear it might sit level at the guards but it will look as if it's slightly driving up hill.

This probably isn't the best pic to use but it gives you an idea.

ve_ss_v_00720small.jpg

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
After looking at wakes jakes, that looks perfect. Do I have to allow for the heavier weight of the v8 in the front and go to a ssl?

astroham

Reaction score
Members Ride
Looking
I'm going to get a whole heap of work done on my Calais V and am stuck on what springs to get. It's going to be on 20x8.5 fronts and 20x10 rear Vertini magic wheels. Guards are going to be rolled.

Is ssssl in the rear going to be too low to be practical and does anyone have pics of that setup?

i have sssl's and 20x10's on the back of my car ... the guards have been rolled but i still have massive scrubbing issues ... make sure you get the right offset wheels like the gts and all that have otherwise you will also have major issues ... 4sl will be too low for 10 inch wheels on the back

if you have a v8 you want sssl's or 4sl's all round to have it even ... if you have a 6 you want 3sl rear and 4sl front ... because the lesser weight of the v6 engine means the lower spring has to bew used ... once again i had this problem

old mate

Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VB Sedan / GU Patrol
dude you really neeed SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSL front and SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSL rear for ultimate slammageeeeeeeee.

GEN3RATD

100% Teflon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Maloo
bags is probably a better idea

itsArthurKomar

sexy beast
Reaction score
Members Ride
super awesome time machine
+OVER 9000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for bags then you can be all kinds of idiot :p haha ( last bits a joke)

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
#### airbags...I've had mini trucks, losing at a bag at 80kmh is not fun let alone at the speeds the Calais is capable of.

Think I'm gunna go sssl all round with KYB struts

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have sssl in my sv6 front & rear with the stock 18" wheels (soon to be 22"), love the way the car sits looks nice and level, however it's not very practicle if you are looking to tow anything or looking for comfort, have to be careful on gutters and parking the car!
With the v8 if you put ssl in the front it should sit similar to mine.
http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/ve-wm/172813-ignition-orange-sv6-svsikz.html

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Coil overs. Then you can adjust it to suit your situation. On it's arse for showing off to your mates, or at a comfortable level for actual driving.

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
I get the feeling that everyone thinks I want it ridiculously low. I don't, I have an extremely steep driveway and tow my jetski in summer.
I was merely asking if ssssl would be too low to be practical.
Cheers