Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pics of the diffrent bits of the engine..

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I was thinking today that it would be good to have a area where there are pictures of each type of the commodore engines with discriptions of the diffrent parts ie arrows to the diffrent bits, cause i know sometimes that parts of the engine are talked about and some people dont know what or where they are.

Just a suggestion
Cheers
Aaron

stretch

Just Commodores Shop
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Saloon Car
Good idea. It would make it easier for those who are not mechanically minded to relate to the different parts of the engine.
I think most of us know basically where everything is on an engine but there are those hard to see/get at places that you cannot see.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Next question who has a high quality digi cam and wants to take a photo of their VB - VK - 6 Cyl and V8 and their VL 6 cyl etc :) If we got pictures then it can happen :)

The1985divo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V
I have no probs taking pics of my VN's Engine...but someone else will have to put the names in lol (no idea)

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
Put them in ITs corresponding Model section. Thread will be stickied so as people can see it

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
Bloody great idea Aaron!

I'm certainly more than happy to take snaps of the VN. I've got access to a VR, VS, VX.

I might head down to the blokes at Metro Holden I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help out.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
I can get snaps of a VR, VP and VX 6's, plus I got some of my VN floating around.
We could point out the differences, for example the different coil packs in Series 1 and 2 VN's...................just a thought
Cheers