Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pimp Vz Sv6

thecougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VZ SV6
Cheers mate, yeah it is but not the 1k ones that are floating around atm, mine cost about $650-$700 and works a treat have no issues with it what so ever and the steering wheel controls work with it also. Bloke was friendly Asian (bit hard to talk to on phone) and had good customer service. Found the link!

6.2" GPS DVD Digital TV 4 Holden VY-VZ Commodore(02-06) | eBay

Got spare one sitting at home that the steering wheel controls didn't work on so he sent me brand new one.

sexyvz

Sexy VZ in the making.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
oh thats alright. the one i seen was 399 or 499 with the gps dvd and cd player and you could hook it up to the steering wheel controls and i think you got a ipod/phone cord with it too. i think it was from mildura.

thecougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VZ SV6
I used to have a 7" flip out one like that, personally I think even with the chinese stuff you get what you pay for, my old one was in a 86 4runner (First car LOL) and it worked well for about a year then slowly fell to bits like freezing up and switching off randomly as well as skipping music which were mp3's haha strange. Each to their own at the end of the day, it seems like a good deal!

sexyvz

Sexy VZ in the making.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
ok. ive never had a dvd player in a car. i just had a single din jvc cd player in my old laser before i got my vz. the one i was lookin at sounds alright but you never know how long its gunna last. i mite look in to the one you put up before. :)

thecougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VZ SV6
At the end of the day mine could cop out 2morrow but so far its doing its job haha, best bet just Google the one you get your heart set on for any issues/reviews! Hope I helped!

sexyvz

Sexy VZ in the making.
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Executive
i'll have to have alook at it again to find the model number of it and google it. didnt think of doin that. cheers

thecougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VZ SV6
Just an update, managed to snag a last minute treasure on ebay. A Genuine VZ Alloy Accelerator pedal with Fly-by wire for $42. First one i've seen and so cheap! Haha, will be going in on thursday.

Also bought 4 new RDA Gold Zinc, Dimple Drilled and Slotted Front and Rear Rotors as well as 8 Front and Rear Bendix GCT Pads.

I've sprayed the rotors up in Silver / Alloy and going to spray up the calibers in Red on thursday as well. :D

IMAG0170.jpg

SVTato

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz SV6 with statesman/caprice front end.
Hey man just wondering if you remember what size the stock oil sender is? And did you T piece it? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thecougar

Reaction score
Members Ride
04' VZ SV6
Ill take a look first thing tomorrow and take some pics for you STVato, I think I still have the instructions with the sizes and model number lying around.

On another note installed the accelerator after work today nice and easy thankfully and strangly feels a little me reasponsive.. Maybe psychological but the other may have been slightly warped in some way hahaha