Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PIONEER TS-D161R speakers

COINERS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 MY.10
Ok so im interested in buy some Pioneer TS-D161R speakers for my parcel shelf.
I hear these speakers can’t be blown. Can any one tell me if there is any truth to this?
Also does any one you these speakers in there car. And if so how do they handle?

Thanks
Nick

09_1_b.JPG

jds303

Reaction score
Members Ride
V6 VS EXEC S2
any speaker can be 'blown' if not used correctly. i don't have them in my car, but i have heard several sets of them, and they sound decent.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
I had them in my car for a couple years. I absolutely thrashed them the whole time and they still pump to this day, with great sound quality. I've got em sitting on the floor in my room waiting to go into my next car...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
ud be hard pressed to break the cone as it contains kevlar, but the speakers can still be blown.

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
na i dont own any splits..
i get all my speakers out of cars my dad and i buy from auctions- when we bought a certain someone's HSV SV3800 #150 from the auctions it had the pioneers hidden in the back parcel shelf.. what a find that was!

Out of interest, i found some other pioneer speakers, coaxials with a brown cone. model ts-a1678. anyone know of these?

garfa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
google the older sv3800 pioneers for info. easiest way.
personally i wouldnt be too concerd with if you can blow a speaker. there are many easier ways that speakers can stuff up than being over/underpowered.
listen to the pioneer yellow ones in a shop and compare to others. define exactly what you want from the speakers. eg more mid or trebal ect...

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
mad timing with the post... was just taking a study break.

Anyway, i googled those brown cone ones a while back and all i found was that i think they are circa 1999. However, i couldnt find any other info.

Also COINERS, those speakers tend to have very little bass and tend to sound midrange/trebley, and without good eqing might sound a little tinny. I ran them in the front of the car, then ran some 6x9s in the back for bass (dont hate me!). With the fader set closer to the front, and treble backed off just a little, I got a very nice sound for a system with no amps or subs!

Doctor Sodways

Legendary Baby!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Slammed VeeDub Rat and a Brunette...
Damn you Adam, ill kick your ass when i see you next. Friggin steal my speakers

bezz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK
hey i legally owned the car when i took em! Hope you're enjoying your VY stock cardboard jobs!