Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please Help Cant Drive To Work Morrow!!asap Please

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
shamden22 said:
it happened to my car too you have to wiggle the steering wheel and jiggle the key you have to give the wheel a real good wiggle dont worry they are strong and if you get it unlocked dont lock it again because the barrel has to be on acc to take it out to be overhauled just keep persisting with it it will come free.DONT TURN THE KEY ALL THE WAY BACK OFF WHEN YOU FREE IT UP. you will just have to do it all again

Wot he says. Sometimes when the steering lock goes on it can be a bitch to turn the key. Just rock the wheel left and right as you try to turn the key. You shouldn't need to force the key.

Reaper

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
i got my vs towed to a locksmith (roadside assistance paid for it) no one could get it going at our place. the locksmith got it going within 10 seconds.

SunCoastSister

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim S1
Similar happened to my car today and had to have RACQ tow it home. However with mine the system was left in the on position even when key was removed. Had to disconnect the battery. When trying to start the car originally there was no resistance when turning key ie I could not feel it going through the lock mechanism. Could have been brought on because the key needs recoding and I've been having to hold the key in the start position until the engine finally got the message to go. Lucky though because the steering was unlocked and I was still able to steer it (without the power :( ) into my driveway when off the truck.
Will I need a whole new ignition? Or can I have it repaired? Any ideas on costs would be appreciated. Makes for a very stationery Easter.