Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s only a suggestion that it may be a fuel related issue. It’s something I’d definitely explore if I was having these issues and won’t cost money to check fuel pressure or cheaply replace a fuel filter.
Well. Replacing the fuel filter would be hideously expensive. The filter is part of the fuel pump. In the tank. Accessible from the top of the tank. Which has to come out to get to it. (On all but a few early VE) Which means dropping the whole rear drive assembly. All because there is no pump access under the seat.

Dazzy74

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH commodore
Well. Replacing the fuel filter would be hideously expensive. The filter is part of the fuel pump. In the tank. Accessible from the top of the tank. Which has to come out to get to it. (On all but a few early VE) Which means dropping the whole rear drive assembly. All because there is no pump access under the seat.
True. My apologies, was thinking VZ

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo

I don't think you have to drop much.
I think it's tail shaft, heat shield and hand brake cables, then the tank drops forward a bit and you angle it down.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I don't think you have to drop much.
I think it's tail shaft, heat shield and hand brake cables, then the tank drops forward a bit and you angle it down.
The rear cradle needs dropping as well. It doesn't have to fully come out but it needs to be lowered at the front. I have gone about 3/4 of the way of what needs doing to get it out when I replaced a handbrake cable and unless you have a hoist it would be a long job that sucks big time.

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The rear cradle needs dropping as well. It doesn't have to fully come out but it needs to be lowered at the front. I have gone about 3/4 of the way of what needs doing to get it out when I replaced a handbrake cable and unless you have a hoist it would be a long job that sucks big time.

From memory, Mr pry bar negates the need to drop anything.
I do recall it is a tight squeeze.

Reactions: Lex