Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Please help..Crank angle error but not CAS

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
lets just hope a new fuel pump tomorrow will fix all my problems then i can burn the peice of **** lol

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
Had a simillar problem with my VS, turned out to be a coil gone, replaced them and it went good. Even had the cas and running lean ecu codes.

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
hmm, well ill try another coil pack and DFI as well, but yea, its been replaced, Swordsy, was your car running fine, then dieing after time of driving??

Swordsy

mmmm beer....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VUII Maloo R8 - HX Tonner - XJR1200 - XR450R
It wasn't dieing, just running really rough when it was hot and loosing all power.
See if you can borrow some coil packs off a mate and see if that does the trick, but they often go, I found it cheaper to buy them off MSD in the US, but that was was a while ago when the dollar was fairly good, was lucky enough that my old man had some in the shed that i could borrow.

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing
Yeah it was he fuel pump and CAS both gone at once, comes up CAS cause there is no code for a fuel pump but has the same syptoms due to it getting hot and a dry solder expands/ and or vibrating and causing it to die after a while running, due to similar issue it reads a CAS error.....
thanks guys

damiandownie

Damo (Vl Walky replica)
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V6 commy
has any heard about the oil pressure sensor cutting off the fuel pump when the oil sensor is faulty? aparently it is a safety thing for the car incase of an accident so the pump shuts off instead of pumping fuel still causing a blaze, could this be any issues to cas dilema's?