Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter on VS V6 Automatic

TheTeng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
I put a Pod Filter on recently now where that tubing to the previous air filter was has electric cables attached to the case, what are they? i can unplug it but what does it do? is it safe to unplug it?

Jon Z

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS Series 2
Not quite sure what you mean. There is a plug running to the MAF sensor and there is also a plug running to the air box which I think is a temperature sensor (correct me if I'm wrong). I wouldn't be unplugging them if its what I think, as it will throw your fuel economy out the window maybe give you other problems like rough idle, hesitation when starting off from idle, hope this can help you.

joshsvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0LT
mate i think you mean the temperature sensor that is attached to the airbox.you need this otherwise as stated above you will get rough idle etc.the best place to put it is to make a hole somewhere between the pod and the MAF and put it here.The easiest thing is to go to supercheap or autobarn and buy a steel mounting bracket which has a hole for the tmp sensor already in it.only costs about $20.
hope that helps

TheTeng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
thanks for that it helps heaps so this mounting bracket? this means i can remove the black air box and put the temp sensor in the mounting bracket
?

TheTeng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
Also i have the Pod filter on now. And the Black Airbox still in there with the temp sensor hooked up? It should be ok to drive like this until i get the proper mounting bracket should it?

joshsvs

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 5.0LT
you dont need the bracket but it is better if you do have it as it stops the pod from moving around and also gives you somewhere to put the temp sensor. do you have the whole airbox in there or is just the bottom half? the car will still run but i dont think it will run as well because the temp sensor will not be getting an accurate reading of the intake temps.

TheTeng

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive S2
well i have the whole thing in there because the temp sensor is on the top half of the box.

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
Yeah grab the bracket, supercrap has them for $20 or so... there is one with a hole for the air temp sens.

Easy to hook up, take out the air box and remove the air temp sens from the lid, plug it into the pod bracket. Take the rubber elbow off the MAF and turn it 180 degrees and cut a new notch in the edge so it sits nice (you'll see what I mean when you try it) and then hook up the pod bracket. Pod bracket you screw onto the rear left mount for the air box and everything fits perfectly without any special tubing etc like some will tell you that you need.

quiksilv3r

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII L67 Statesman
My airbox recently broke, and I really couldn't be ****ed buying a new one. My gf's car had a pod so I nicked it until I got around to fixing the box (least of my problems).

I unplugged the temp sensor and left it near the pod

I was still getting 7.5-8.5L/100km on the highway and ~12L/100km city with the L67. Idle is fine. No hesitation.

Yeah the air is hotter as there wasn't any heat shielding so there was a power drop, but still ran fine.

If it is only temp, go for it