Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pod Filter with CAI on a VR/VS

revan_vs

Reaction score
Members Ride
hectik turbos
LOL. Rang local Repco today and they say they have never heard of Lukey air filters !!!
You guys recommend them ? I've been thinking about getting a K&N for ages but didn't want to spend $$$. How much is a Lukey for a VS V6 ?

Try sprint auto i got 1 for my old vs. Got quoted $55 at local but they diddnt hav any in stock and rung otherplace and they said $30

Lukey is alright but can be bit bad 2 clean but if u dont drive on 2 many dirt roads, paddocks (acctually no paddocks) ect u should b alright. But if u can get 1 for sub $50 thats under half price of K&N

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
i'm actually considering going back to a stock air filter soon, sick of cleaning the K&N

savage1987

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
LS1 VN + WK Grange 0010 + HPW VX SS
Comon man, they're easy!!

Once I had to dry mine extra quick I put it in the oven :) fan forced, of course, with the door open. Dried in 10min :):) re-oiled and on the road in 15.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
yeah, I suppose, i'll keep considering it :p

i'll be whacking that charger on soon, and i'm not too keen on the K&N with the charger, if the MAF gets coated in oil it will start to go lean (Ive heard) little bits of grit are probably getting past it all the time too, especially when they have extra suction pulling them in.

DannyboyDS

Just hand me the pliers.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
me thinks i'll take this to my "my ride" thread Savage, a map tune sounds interesting, then ill need a 2bar map sensor, oh well, another expense :p

good thing ive allready dumped the money into foamys bank, pitty I keep forgetting to post the memcal, I might just pay him again when the time comes, he probably deserves it :p

mlbvr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr com
Just wanted to say, if you can get the pod filter inside the air box and installed air tight it would be sucking air harder getting more cold air from the cai ontop of the radiator.
If you sand back the mouth of the cai to make it wider and drille a decent hole on the front left bottom corner of the airbox it will also draw air from under the bumper from behind the headlight therefore not limiting the pod filter nor drawing hot air from near the exhaust.
Also you can get cheap heat guards that go ontop of the exhaust headers (maybe 50 for both) which will stop heat getting to the pipe going from the air box to throttle body.
You can get one of those angled metal pipes to go straight into your airbox with some sort of grommet cant imagine all this would be more than $100