Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

pod filter

speijers

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
yes i know im not gunna gain any power and im gunna hav haters sayen negative stuff but im only doing it for the sound just wondering what the best way to mount a pod filter is in my vt v6

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Actually you're more likely to hear do a search bro.........

Best way is to buy a MACE cold air intake. Comes with everything you need.

speijers

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pac
i had a cai on my old car not worth the money

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Its an enclosed pod and well worth the money. If you are looking not to spend much then maybe just go and buy a K&N or a Lukey panel filter for you stock airbox.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

You'll note that we are suggesting an enclosed POD filter which has no relation to the youtube vid linked here which does demonstrate that an open POD filter behind the engine (
where it sucks hot air) is a fail. Static dyno tests also don't replicate real world "on road" driving conditions. The MACE enclosed POD filter has proven benefits over the standard factory air box.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
yes i know im not gunna gain any power and im gunna hav haters sayen negative stuff but im only doing it for the sound just wondering what the best way to mount a pod filter is in my vt v6

i had a cai on my old car not worth the money

Mixed messaged much?

If you are not looking to waste money, then why are you looking to put a pod filter in?

I know that a pod filter by itself is cheaper than a properly enclosed pod filter, but does this mean you only what to waste a little bit of money?

And if you are just after noise, get a decent planel filter, do the two hole mod or whatever the kids call it these days and atleast it will make a bit more sense, plus save you money in the long term by keeping things less detectable.

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
You'll note that we are suggesting an enclosed POD filter which has no relation to the youtube vid linked here which does demonstrate that an open POD filter behind the engine (
where it sucks hot air) is a fail. Static dyno tests also don't replicate real world "on road" driving conditions. The MACE enclosed POD filter has proven benefits over the standard factory air box.

It's a VT V6. The proven benefits would be minimal.

IMO Save the money and throw it at some suspension or something.

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Naahhh cuz dnt listn to dem. Riip of all the plasticz and stik it rite on tha throttlebody.

Givez mad soundz