Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Auctions

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I was driving home form a short holiday today and saw a very nice yellow vz maloo ute being loaded onto a towtruck on the HUME with a fairly unhappy looking ex-owner of the car looking on as a nice officer wrote out a ticket...

Which got me thinking...

Does the police auction off the cars that are permanentally confiscated?

And where are police auction sites? For other vehicles they have confiscated and what not...

Or even on a side note... good auction sites for repo cars and what not...

One mans loss is another mans gain...?

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
ive always wondered too about the police auctions but can never find any info,

this place sells alot of repo, stolen/recovered and damaged cars, been there to have a look before too and they have good prices and alot of cars coming thru all the time, when i went there there was even a bloke that came over from adelaide just to buy a car

Broadford Car Sales

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Yeah... i know of "pickles auctions" and also the Fowles auction group... but thats just because they are a client of the company I work for...

Other than that... all the police auction sites I can find are USA sites which is annoying...

My gf mentioned she saw something in relation to police auctions in the local dandenong paper but she's not 100% sure...

Piper

Aidos!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Executive
Easiest way is to actually contact your local police station, i thought cars to be auctioned occurs if they have impounded the vehicle for certain reasons or the owners driving record is bad and require the vehicle to be confiscated. I also heard they use certain vehicles for crash testing if they are not to NSW legal standards.
In NSW I think they advertise opportunities through your LAC's. I didn't think company's like pickles and lams would sell impounded vehicles.
But I'm not entirely sure myself either.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Not sure what happens to the permanently inpounded car but i do know a fact that one guy was ordered to give up his car and all he tried to give them was a bare shell.Courts were not very happy and he is in some bad poo.

DANNY8

Yo Coooornflake!
Reaction score
Website
www.kerrbrosracing.com
Members Ride
VK WAGZ 5.0L, GQ Patrol TD42
Not sure what happens to the permanently inpounded car but i do know a fact that one guy was ordered to give up his car and all he tried to give them was a bare shell.Courts were not very happy and he is in some bad poo.

I'd do the exact same thing if it come to that!

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Yeah same lol. Rip out the engine and put in a clapped out VN V6 Buick motor haha.

I'd leave a crayon drawing of an engine, take out the whole interior and put in some steel poles, claim it was a racing car.

adam69

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Clubby
Id have to ask,but i think the charge for doing this sort of thing is fairly serious.But i do agree with you all.