Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police bash hoons

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
read the first few post's and skipped to the end. 2 years ago i lost all respect for cops, as did my whole family. A girl i knew started making up lies about me and her gran made her go to the cops. endded up going throught the courts. The way i was treated was unacceptable. the search warrant just to take pictures was approved for the day after australia day they changed the dates on the warrant and forced their way in the house with my whole family and all my friends there. when one person stood up and said "wtf this about?" one of the police said "your mates been busy raping girls, so sit down!" 3 days in court and about 5 minutes of deliberation and i was found inocent of 4 charges! you can tell me how nice you dad or brother is and their a cop but as soon as they put on that uniform they arent human to me. i was innocent and preyed upon because i couldnt do anything to them, and we didnt take it further after it was all sorted out because we'd been through enough.

rant over
1106514-cool_story_bro_super.jpg

HuskeyVR

Reaction score
Members Ride
NONE
thanks man, nice to get feedback :D

quick308

Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 Landrover disco series 1, 2006 Street Bob
Nothing morally right about it. Personally satisying for the cops involved, no doubt, but just plain wrong.

If they sit back and take an unjustified beating, all they get is a beating.

If they lift a single finger to protect themselves, they face all manner of possibilities. The very least of those will be a more severe beating.

Being charged with assaulting a police officer comes to mind.. or they could actually succeed in defending themselves against what is simply a common assault, and get capsicum sprayed or even shot in extreme (and of course very rare) circumstances, just for doing so.

Funny you should mention courts, no-one seems to have thought the courts have any relevance up till now.. it seems the cops are now allowed to make judgement on the spot.

Yes I believe the sentences, punishments, etc should be harsher for some crimes. Yes I think the cops have a bugger of a job. But over and over.. the cops are the servants of the law, not the other way around.

If someone needs a beating, the laws need to be changed to allow a judge to sentence someone to get one. Until then, I guess beatings are out. This is Australia, the courts do the judging here, not Officer Plod.

Most cops are professional and ethical. These ones werent, and arent needed in the Police Force we trust to protect us. Sack them and charge them with aggravated assault. They are the ones who give cops a bad name.

I guess thats just matter of opinion isn't it, something my father used to say to me "you gotta be cruel to be kind". You may think it's wrong because it disturbs you to see it, but that doesn't make you right. Most of the population are considerate of others, and actually care, then theirs that 1% that don't.

If you push a cop to the point where he finally puts a bullet in you there's a good chance he had a good reason for it. The only instances I've heard of is when a person pulls a knife or some sort of dangerous weapon, in that case their lives are at risk, then it would be justified wouldn't you agree? These are the only "very rare circumstances" i can think of where this would happen. You make very extreme statements to back your argument, you have a good point but lets be realistic about it, that wouldn't happen to someone unarmed. Yes they would be most likely capsicum sprayed or get a more severe beating (in this case). In most cases the repercussions of fighting back aren't worse they get off light which is why we see so much of this these days. If this happened more often you would see less stuff like this happening in the first place. They might consider dropping burnouts in areas where no one else is around, rather than right in front of the police station.

I was just saying a typical scenario you might see, I'll be more brief and say "they received a slap on the wrist" better? And no they don't, wasn't one of them been taken off duty for a year and forced to do some community service as well without pay? (correct me if i'm wrong).

Yes i'd be open to that, all i was saying was i liked the way things used to be. It worked didn't it?

Last edited:

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
If you assault a police officer as severely as they are supposed to have assaulted the 'victims', you will get a jail sentence. No ifs, no buts. Regardless of whether he defended himself or not.

If a police officer assaults you, you have two choices. Take the beating, go to court and take the punishment for whatever crime you have committed... or defend yourself. Defend yourself and you will be charged with assaulting police at a bare minimum, probably a lot more than just that. Resist arrest too I guess, even though its not arrest you are resisting, its getting the crap beaten out of you.

The ONLY reason these police have suffered any consequences at all is they were silly enough to do it in full view of a video camera. Countless assaults by police occur every year, this is not an isolated incident. Its just a documented one.

Police abuse and bend the rules every day. I had some idiot pull me over the other day and search my car, apparently I had just come out of a street in which a known drug dealer lives. Out of the 400 or so houses on that street, I dont even know which house it is, or even if one actually lives in that street. But my car got searched, without a warrant. My phone was looked through, all my messages recorded, my entire contact list written down. I was subjected to a body search on the side of the road, with various locals all standing on their front lawns watching.

These are all gross violations of my rights. If I object in any way, then they just make it even harder. They start stripping the car.. take me to the hospital for an internal examination.. try to look for a way to defect my car.. and then of course every time I return to the customer I was fixing a computer for on that street, I am now likely to be searched again, and my customer no doubt will turn up on some data base too as a suspected drug dealer? Simply because a car drove out of his street? I know nothing about drug dealers and neither does my customer.

I am totally in favour of law and order. I just want it to apply to everyone equally. A serious assault does not earn you community service, it earns you jail. If you or I had done the same to the copper, there is no way we would still be free.

'The good old days' stopped for a reason. Sure, there used to be small community based police systems, where the local cop used his discretion to maintain order in the best way he could. Even then, giving the local lads 'a bit of a touch up' may have been effective, but it was still illegal. That same local copper would also give people the occasional break though, using the 'carrot and stick' approach.

Thats not the world we live in anymore. The coppers dont have the same intimate knowledge of their community or who is a part of it. They no longer see the hoon, say 'a car chase would be dangerous, we will just go around to his place at dinnertime and have a word with him'. They longer say ' oh thats little Johnny, hes normally a good kid, we'll just catch up with him later and put the fear of god into him', all they do is turn on the lights and sirens and start chasing.

A return to 'the good old days' is not going to happen. We live in a country governed by rules. Anyone, cops or robbers alike, are subject to those rules. Anyone, cops or robbers alike, should be subject to the same rules and the same penalties. Clearly though, they are not.

Last edited: