Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police: pulled us up at the formal/prom

R

rattattack1313

Doesn't matter if it is a school or a shopping center, public parking area or what.......they are still under road rules.......they can book you for speeding in a shoppping center car park, for example...........

Stretcher Bearer

A.R.N.G.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2 SOCOG Exec 9C1
True rat.

You can be pulled up for being in control of the car at any time.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Torana said:
THEY CAN'T PULL YOU OVER FOR NEONS UNLESS YOU'RE ON A PUBLIC ROAD!!! Lodge a complaint mate.

A public car park is considered the same as a public road.

Reaper

N

nomesxo

its all good i guess - neither drivers got tickets...and sure it put a bad start to their night, but I guess at least they will remember their formal for the rest of their life haha and it would have given them a nice story to tell ppl at the after party i guess.

My mum said that after we left the car that was mucking up in the first place came back and had another go at screeching up...except in the school this time. In fact my little brother reckons that when the cops pulled us up he could hear a car doing burnouts in the front carpark (we didn't hear it...we whr still in the car).

I guess it was just a big misunderstanding...but the cop really didnt handle it very well...maybe he had a bad night or something...but he didnt want to hear our side of the story....he was convinced it was us and that was it. I think he was in a bad mood from the start cos he nearly caused an accident trying to pull us over....which would not have been good for him because there were plenty of witnesses cos all the teachers whr standing out the front of the hall watching the parade go past. I guess that someone complained about the car that was mucking up and we just arrived at the wrong time....with neons which def woulnt have helped.

The lady cop was ok...she just told us to behave and that if we saw anyone driving dangerously to report it but the male cop kept adding things like "yeah like your mate" (referring to my brother).

Ah wells.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Id still report it, the Male cop obviously needs to get off his little power trip.

Don't email the complaint though. Do it properly, Go to the post office and get a Statutory Decleration.. Spelt wrong and all, and get it signed by a few witnesses to confirm your statement. Then get that sent off to the police in the mail.

We've been through it before and we got a reply basically throwing our case out.

Corruptis in Extremis.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
bextor84 said:
Id still report it, the Male cop obviously needs to get off his little power trip.

Don't email the complaint though. Do it properly, Go to the post office and get a Statutory Decleration.. Spelt wrong and all, and get it signed by a few witnesses to confirm your statement. Then get that sent off to the police in the mail.

We've been through it before and we got a reply basically throwing our case out.

Corruptis in Extremis.
That's why you send off a copy to the ombudsman.. When the cops see you've CC'd it to them, they WILL handle it properly. And the ombudsman will make sure you're happy with the outcome..

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
the car had neons on, illegal.

you can be booked for dangerous driving for going too slow as well.

lastly - isnt' a 300zx a bit impractical for a formal car? how do you get in and out of one in a dress? :p

I LIKE COMMODORES

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08.5 SV6
ive seen a chick get out of one with a long tight dress. It looked like a mission.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
the car had neons on, illegal.

err, that's been covered.. If set up properly, they're not.

you can be booked for dangerous driving for going too slow as well.

In a school? Or even in a private area with lots of kids runnign around.. I don't like the message that would be sending.. You went 15 in a school zone, we're booking you. Go faster next time..

R

rattattack1313

Schools & shopping centers, yup.....they can book you....ring up and ask if you want to..........