Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police Say Parody Of 'my Family' Stickers Offensive

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Police say noose sticker parody of 'My Family' stickers offensive but legal | The Courier-Mail

A CAR decal meant to parody the popular "My Family" stickers has been condemned by police as offensive and distressing - but not illegal.

Sold online for $9 each by StreetFX, the sticker depicts two adults and two children hanged from nooses in what the Brisbane-based manufacturers admit is a "tasteless joke".

In an explanation on their website titled "a note to hate mailers", StreetFX states "a sticker saying that we are sick of some other type of sticker is a pretty funny concept in the scheme of things".

"At no point does StreetFX actually hate your family, nor suggest other people hate anyone's family - and the typical buyer of these stickers doesn't hate anyone's family either," the statement reads. "They hate the family stickers!"

Although police said the stickers did not appear to breach any laws, Inspector Ray Rohweder from the State Traffic Support Branch said they "would be offensive to a lot of people".

"People should really be cogniscent of the fact what they think is funny may be quite hurtful or in fact distressing to other motorists," said Insp Rohweder. But police would only ask motorists to remove stickers that blocked road views.

"If one person found the matter offensive, that in itself would not necessarily be cause for a police officer to remove a sticker," he said.

StreetFX did not respond to calls or emails from The Courier-Mail.

ffam3.jpg

3BO6N.jpg

troykinsvt

yes i like fibreglassing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
and guess what i just bought :)

Chrispy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Calais, 2015 Daytona 675R
People need to lighten the #### up and have a laugh, stop taking life so seriously.

It gives me shits when a certain group or minority deems something unacceptable and wants to ban everyone else from using it.

Personally I think it's hilarious, people can put whatever they want on their car and I couldn't car less. If you don't like it don't look at it and don't put one on your car.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
I prefer the PIMP Version

elmaso

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS berlina
Wait for the report titled "sticker hoons".

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I find it offensive having too look at those "My Family" sitckers.

Kind reminds me of this scene in Family Guy.

[YOUTUBE]vJyzdLN8CSE[/YOUTUBE]

But, just as its these peoples right to advertise they have 3 kids and 4 goldfish, they should respect the right of other to have the "offensive" stickers.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
a-family.jpg

stuffyourfamily.jpg

myloudfam.JPG