Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Police sick of being videod on the job

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
Can't a police officer tell you to stop filming?
If you don't they can arrest you for disobeying a police directive.

If you are in a public place you can film. NSW police has before said that no an officer cant stop you from recording and they must expect it in their line of duty.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
If you are in a public place you can film. NSW police has before said that no an officer cant stop you from recording and they must expect it in their line of duty.

What you are saying is true.

But one thing I would like to clarify is that police can ask you to stop filming for a number of reasons. Example, at the scene of an accident. You may record any conversation between yourself and police but for anything else you need the express permission of all other parties involved. If you are filming a car crash and the police tell you to stop, you better bloody stop right away or you won't be seeing that phone again, and the fine will be hefty.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
'83 VH SS, '79 Green VB SL '92 S2 VQ Caprice
After dealing with 2 crook detectives at the cost of 10k in legal fees last year to be granted the opportunity to easily prove my innocence, I'd like to say, film everything just to keep em honest.

Pricks nearly destroyed my life last year and I'll always tar the lot of em with the same brush.

"if they haven't done anything wrong, they have nothing to hide or worry about"

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Meh I've never been in a situation where I have even thought of recording interactions with police.
Maybe the filming parties should think about how they ended up in the situation in the first place.

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
I worked for the wrong person and they stitched me up to get info on him, magistrate's final statements were "this shouldn't have gone past the investigative stage"
Even my record of interview dvd went missing from my belongings when I was placed under unlawful arrest under vexatious prosecution.

I took recordings of some of my interactions with them at various points and when I made a complaint to hold them accountable I was told by the complaints department that "our recordings are allowed to be different to yours"

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
"if they haven't done anything wrong, they have nothing to hide or worry about"

Yeah well, that's the line that gets thrown at the public when they bring laws in etc

drewVHSS

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
stores.ebay.com.au
Members Ride
Yeah well, that's the line that gets thrown at the public when they bring laws in etc

That's why I decided to proverbially throw it back in their face, I did nothing wrong, I had nothing to fear but the smarmy bastards have made it so I can't sue to get my legal costs back so I'm 10k in a hole for doing nothing wrong.
Filming helps keep them accountable for their actions because all that I've encountered are "above the law" as well as upholding it.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
kate moss's use of a narcotic is the perfect example:

"video footage is NOT permissable evidence in a court of law."

the reason? any joe wanker now has access to video editing software.

there is ZERO reason to stick a phone in a a cops face. except if you wanna get punched by a big guy in blue thats had enough of your ****.

hotrod

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
commodore s2
sounds like another new law coming up in the near future to increase revenue