Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Policeman on mobile.

bunnogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl commodore
Get over it. Coppers gotta do what a coppers gotta do and if that is talking on a mobile phone while driving to an incident regarding the phone call then so be it... you don't know what the circumstances are. How do you know its not the Snr SGt trying to divert the copper from an accident that his immediate family member was in ? Thats just it we don't know so before you judge what they can do we can do mantra remember their the ones that are saving your butt one day.

bunnogirl

Reaction score
Members Ride
vl commodore
Get over it. Coppers gotta do what a coppers gotta do and if that is talking on a mobile phone while driving to an incident regarding the phone call then so be it... you don't know what the circumstances are. How do you know its not the Snr SGt trying to divert the copper from an accident that his immediate family member was in ? Thats just it we don't know so before you judge what they can do we can do mantra remember their the ones that are saving your butt one day:bang:

Skitz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Barina
Depends on the situation really. I can't think of many where I'd just pull over, unless it was completely deserted and I knew he WAS after me.

I've passed cops sitting on the side of the road or sitting on the side of the road whilst I'm doing 5-10kmh over the limit, once I even started to get followed.

It probably didn't even occur to him that I was speeding or he couldn't be bothered. What I want to avoid is the following.

Me: (driving along) HOLY FRIG, there's a cop behind me, (hits left indicator)
Cop: WTF is he doing and why is he just stopping on the freeway. (flashies and "woop woop")
"Do you know why I stopped in behind you?"
Me: "Ummm, the inner bit of my tyre is on indicator, my washer bottle is empty, I was driving 5km/h over the limit and my exhaust's too loud.
Cop: "That'll do" (produces night stick and lube)

It's not about me not wanting to take responsibility. Because if I were issued a TIN, I would take responsibility and pay it by its due date. I just want to be 100% certain that the cop will pull me over, before I pull over.

EDIT: Anecdote from when I was passenger in my GF's car. We passed a semi marked cop car (only marking on the sides, none on front or back, all internal lights) while she was over the limit by 10km/h or so on the freeway. The guy accelerated up behind us and tailed us for about 5km. After 5km (or so), he took our exit and kept following us for another 5-10 minutes. After that he just pulled into a bus stop.

We thought we were nicked. I doubt pulling over would've made the situation any better.
What is with people and police using mobile phones?
If you are not aware that police are able to use mobile phones in certain circumstances,then that is your fault.
As for you Shounak,who are you to deal scenarios out like that?
It is not acceptable in any situation to do as you have suggested and for you to have replied to hellys specific message like that only reinforces your naivety.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
What is with people and police using mobile phones?
If you are not aware that police are able to use mobile phones in certain circumstances,then that is your fault.
As for you Shounak,who are you to deal scenarios out like that?
It is not acceptable in any situation to do as you have suggested and for you to have replied to hellys specific message like that only reinforces your naivety.
The try hard forum troll talking crap again.

It is not acceptable for me to do what? Drive 5kmh over the speed limit or wait for the flashies to come on before my left indicator does?

If you're going to start getting self righteous over exceeding the speed limit by 5kmh, don't even bother. It's a minor lapse which I'm sure Helly or VicCop have never even issued tickets for.

And just where exactly does my naivety come in? Don't just give some crappy wishy-washy half arsed response, if you want to pull me up. Do it properly.

Skitz

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Barina
The try hard forum troll talking crap again.

It is not acceptable for me to do what? Drive 5kmh over the speed limit or wait for the flashies to come on before my left indicator does?

If you're going to start getting self righteous over exceeding the speed limit by 5kmh, don't even bother. It's a minor lapse which I'm sure Helly or VicCop have never even issued tickets for.

And just where exactly does my naivety come in? Don't just give some crappy wishy-washy half arsed response, if you want to pull me up. Do it properly.
Yes,it is me.

Shounak,my problem was not the fact that you were going 5 or god forbid 10 over the limit,it was basically that you were implying that what Pure Evil did was somehow forbidden.
Now I am no saint but I think it took a level of awareness,responsibility and maturity to have reacted the way he did.That is where the naivety comes in.
You however took no notice in the subsequent comment by helly,and demonstrated again your level of naivety as well as the above mentioned qualities to us all.
You do however provide some humour to what would otherwise be bland reading.

Skitz.

Shounak

The Kicking Horse
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Executive S2 + XF Panel Van Project
Yes,it is me.

Shounak,my problem was not the fact that you were going 5 or god forbid 10 over the limit,it was basically that you were implying that what Pure Evil did was somehow forbidden.
Now I am no saint but I think it took a level of awareness,responsibility and maturity to have reacted the way he did.That is where the naivety comes in.
You however took no notice in the subsequent comment by helly,and demonstrated again your level of naivety as well as the above mentioned qualities to us all.

Skitz.

I never implied it was forbidden, I just gave reasons as to why I wouldn't do the same in most circumstances. If I was going a ridiculous speed over the limit and then passed a cop, that's a different situation altogether. Even then, I'd want to be sure that the cop was indeed after me.

You're going to find a number of different opinions and responses on a forum, they will not all be aligned.

You're more than welcome to pull over every time you see a cop, I'll do what I have always done. Be sure they want me and then pull over.

Naiveity has nothing at all to do with it.

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon
Yes,it is me.

Skitz.

To try and put things in perspective; If I was doing 150km/h past a stationary cop, and was at least reasonably certain he didn't get my plate (They're bent due to being a Jap import) I wouldn't pull over or slow down. My car will wind past 300km/h before he had a chance to get his car into gear. Shounak seems far more mature now, doesn't he?

/me waits for the flaming from people that think I would actually bother to do the above.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
To try and put things in perspective; If I was doing 150km/h past a stationary cop, and was at least reasonably certain he didn't get my plate (They're bent due to being a Jap import) I wouldn't pull over or slow down. My car will wind past 300km/h before he had a chance to get his car into gear. Shounak seems far more mature now, doesn't he?

/me waits for the flaming from people that think I would actually bother to do the above.

Is bending your plates even legal? :confused:

mar-d-mac

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY2 Clubsport

In WA, no it's not legal...TIN can be issued...

I have given out 100's if not 1000's of TIN over my time in the force...14yrs and counting....but i would have to say that there would be probably half again and more that were given cautions...

as helly said earlier and this is my policy....if ppl are willing to cop it sweet and acknowledge their indiscretion, then i'll use my discretion as to what penalty i'll impose...could TIN or caution....this is dependant upon the speed u r doing too!!!

if ppl want to act indifferent and jump up and down abusing me and telling me to go catch real criminals, well then expect a similar response and a TIN or two and a vehicle compliance order if req'd...my response is - well i've stopped a person committing suicide today, dealt with 3 domestics situations and arrested to car thieves, what have you done for society today....seems to shut them up quickly...oh, i forgot here's your TIN for speeding....this is not ****y attitude, it is real life stuff...we are here to enforce laws and well as save and protect lives....

the most effect power a copper has is his own discretion and that can not be taken away from him/her...

deathsminion

Chrgd,Coold,Twinthrot'in
Reaction score
Members Ride
GT42R forced JZA80 Supra and VT Wagon

Mine's not actually bent. I had the bar filled out so I didn't have to. It just made the story slightly more interesting.