Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VT-VX] Polishing the plenum on your ecotec

jafo

lurker since 2003
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 wh statesman
i was going to do that with the VS when i had her but went with the modded engine cover instead took a few days to make the cover look good but worked ok

PIC0003.jpg

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Have just finished polishing my plenum cover , came a real treat , I went inside briefly and returned to garage to find my daughter had put a small hand print on the top , DOH .

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I don't understand why people polish the plenum, Especially when they post a photo an the engine bay is dirty.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I don't understand why people polish the plenum, Especially when they post a photo an the engine bay is dirty.

Shiny objects distract from the 14 years of dirt below my plenum :p

2 bottles of degreaser should be added to the list of things needed, nothing better than a nice clean engine bay.

Fenix_Longbow

Reaction score
Members Ride
Series 2 VR Commodore
Sorry to thread dig but i really like it! very informative, was just going to put my 2 cents in.

Use Brasso on the metal instead of water while using the wet/dry sandpaper. Helps to reduce the scratches and makes polishing so much easier. I know its not exactly tidy but trust me the results are worth it.

One of the few skillsets and knowledge that can be used outside the army :p LOL!

harry3571

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VS Statesman series 2
Anyone got pics of what other parts of the engine bay comes up like?? Eg alternator?? what to get my bay looking nice any ideas?? keen to Polish the plenum when i get a chance though :)

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Did mine quickly today, just starting to get dark. Needs more of a sand but looks better than before;

IMAG0240.jpg

Will be doing the whole thing when I get mace spacers, want to do the alternator too