Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Are you still on stockies bro? Need to get some bigger tyres on it for sure!!

Running 16" with 225's on the rear. I'm thinking although larger rolling diameter will cost me some acceleration they will get the power down better to accommodate. They're on the list :)

So I discovered that my RHS radiator tank has a slow leak on a seam that the thermo housing bolts to, still mostly holds pressure, nothing urgent at this stage, can wait til next weekend.

What are folks thoughts on the aluminium heavy duty replacements over an OEM style plastic tank jobbie? I've never had any cooling issues even with the blower, but I was thinking for $100 more, why not?

Last edited:

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Yeah, too much of a dent in the savings. I went a CarsRus rad and V8 PWR trans cooler, two birds one stone, then I don't need to pull off my front bar, reo and intercooler. $200 plus I reckon trans hose, clamps and Nulon cooling goodness will be another $50-60.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I totally knew what you meant dude. So grabbed the goodies today, including some Gates G1 medium pressure 3/8 line and 8 injection clamps to make sure it aint coming off, using a socket to tighten them.

So tomorrow it should be a fairly painless affair to swap this in. Grabbed a double line flare kit from SuperCheap too for $30 so I can flare up the lines after I cut them and use double clamps.

Rad and Cooler.jpg

Then a new thermostat, rad cap, hoses and some Nulon long life at 50% and I'll be back to giving the old girl a flogging :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So a '96 (ish) 2 door Bimmer 318i just put me in my place (not by a lot but it pulled harder), what a beast. Numberplate SSS, anyone know this car? It's friggin quick, but looks like it cost a mint.

Pulled up home from a trip to Repco and my odo said this:

177777.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Nice. My mate's Sil80 got done by an NA6 Bimmer recently too and that's running a T28 with 12 or 13psi.
i like the dead mozzy in there too