Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I don't think it was a 1.8 under the hood :) but it was manual and I left him in 1st, just second that killed me. To long til the boost comes around. Need a manual or 4.11's.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Nice. My mate's Sil80 got done by an NA6 Bimmer recently too and that's running a T28 with 12 or 13psi.
i like the dead mozzy in there too

I have to stop being a teenager methinks, there will always be a faster car. Haha, yeah little bastard has been there for as long as I can remember.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I have to stop being a teenager methinks, there will always be a faster car. Haha, yeah little bastard has been there for as long as I can remember.

Don't worry, it's worse if you had a NA Eco and tried and failed... I once did so against some guys from high school in which I thought was an Astra, turns out they were driving an HSV VXR and I got absolutely slaughtered damn they are quick.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
After a while I rarely tried pre boost. Stock Lancers, Mazda 3, etc they all keep up and often beat an n/a Buick or Eco (Commodore drivers will vehemently deny how beaten they get, lol).

I fail to mention there's not a lot that keeps up in a straight line nowadays, just those 'special' kinds of vehicle, worked ls3's and big buck Euro's, so I really should stop bitching.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
I just remembered this sleeper and it reminded me of you. I was gonna get the engine from this once;

Mate's brother's car

Last edited by a moderator:

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
You're aiming for a 10 second pass or do you mean down to 11.5 from 13?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
The latter. I know I can hit 13 based on red, I'm not far off the 1:1 right now (my ride has less kms and awesome compression though), only exhaust which will be here next week and new intake piping to go :) after which I'll go and get some numbers. With 3.9/4.11's and some further trans work I'm sure I can crack mid 12's, then I might start a new motor in the garage; forged, stroked, cam, bigger injectors and some Mace heads. Or I might just enjoy it at 12 (ish), save for a while and embark on a blown 8 project next.