Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Dawned on me my old VN '88 Calais donor is probably sporting alloy rocker covers. One thing I hate about the current Emo bay is the ugly beige plastic covers. More shiny is needed.

Sure enough, they be alloy! Even better they use the standard groove type seals, which is weird because I always thought the S1's used cork. To top it all off the filler be on the LHS, which is handy because since the reverse plenum went on the intake gets in the way of oil changes.

So off for a sand blast tomorrow and then it be polishing time. Might just grommet up the breather, weld it later. Should I just go all shiny alloy or maybe some black in the grooves? I'm inclined to go all shiny.

Rocker Covers.jpg

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
just all polished

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Hey Frogs, I'm at Exchange Plaza today setting up Cormanns office, shame I leave in the morning you could have taken me for a spin and shown me the sights.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So I ordered a slimline front plate, only $64. I'm not normally into vanity items but damn I love the look of that intercooler and nothing else about the car screams anything other than grandpa (noise and tyre smoke excluded). Needs a damn good polish though.

Cooler_no_Plate.jpg Clean_Car.jpg Clean_Car_2.jpg

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
They suit the slim line plate better anyways. I need to get one for the clubby one day

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Love the look, I love the iron fist in velvet glove approach for daily work, never a drama with da coppaz

You got a good exhaust on there now?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
I like it, might rename it from the Silver Lady (old girlfriend gave her that name) to the IFVG, it's got a military ring to it like BRDM or BMP or APC.

Got all the parts, just haven't had the cash or time to get it done. A real shame cos I reckon there's a whole bunch of untapped ponies in the wings.

Copped a blowout on the way to a friends place last night, got lucky as she lives out in the sticks and has a primo stretch of road for a fast car. Blowout happened after the event, under brakes just below 100kmh. Was a wobble.

Have to say the bogan spec is growing on me, the chaser fills up the guard better than I thought it would.

zy2y6yty.jpg