Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Did my first 'big' work on the old girl in ages.

Replaced front and rear caster bushes, LCA bushes, ball joints and sway bar links. Got the best wheel alignment I've ever had (young dude at Jax in Mitchell knows his ****) including a slightly aggressive camber, 4 degrees over stock, which works well with meaty tyres. I used all Nolathane and managed to score some TRW ball joints. Funds didn't end up stretching to the Whiteline sway bar link mod kit.

It was a fair whack of strength work but I managed to get it done in about 4 hours thanks to JC's. Found a super easy way to pop out LCA shells using a special chisel I have, which was my only real concern. The old bushes were rooted (centres pulled to one side of the rubber) which was surprising given they weren't done long ago.

The handling is still that of a Commodore but I could tell straight away it was less effort. It drives dead straight with a finger on the wheel, which flicks back nicely after a turn and it brakes better than ever, dead straight hands off. I can highly recommend this upgrade, not only for the improvement but also because the Nolathane kit doesn't required any pressing. You can't over tighten the sway bar link kit either, which is a common and easy thing to do. Sure you do get more feedback, but it's good feedback IMO, undulations and bumps in the road are easily felt, it's not feedback that rips the wheel out of your hand, vibrates, shimmy's or anything like that. If you're a spirited driver, this stuff is great. Fingers crossed it lasts.

Got some KYB short shocks, Kings super lows and SuperPro strut tops in the cupboard for next week.

Then cause I'm car OCD, I made it pretty and shiny, inside and out.

28sneza.jpg

30wwbuo.jpg

Rusty

٩(-̮̮̃•̃)۶
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vt with VU/VZ bits
She's looking great mate. Keep up the good work

peeds13

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS II, VS III Maloo
Really like the look of this!

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
And then there was stopping!

Got to say, these things are pretty impressive. I was only going to go 4000 series T3, but found these in a clearance $270 to my door, so I figured why the hell not. Rebuilt the calipers, lick of paint and some Bendix Ultimates.

Stops well and heat doesn't appear to be an issue, but I'll take 'em for a good run down the coast next week.

10zbif4.jpg

Just struts and springs to go and she's like new.

hi_ryder

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vp calais ls1, vp berlina 3.8L
wheel and tire combo is legit... :coolpimp:

Raptorsc

RAPTR6
Reaction score
Website
www.raptorsc.com.au
Members Ride
Hilux 4.0 V6 SC 400kw
Good work champ - make it more safe and it brings a big smile when it steers and pulls up like you want.

You have had months of cold boosting weather now :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
You're not wrong, I have a lot more trust in her capability now.

Should still have a bit more good boosting weather left, but not much sadly....

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So I knew something wasn't quite right with the old girl on Wednesday. Getting nosed by a VF R8 yesterday sold me there was a problem.

Noticed this changing the oil.

4kxs0k.jpg

So good to have the boost back :)

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
So I finally eliminated all boost leaks. New silicone and T-Clamps. Amazing difference, must've had some leaks cause it's much quieter and I can feel the increase in my arse up high.

Dropped in a Mace CAI too, be nice if Raptor and Steve got together about a better option but thanks to a donor and some 90 degree stainless I didn't have to hack anything up.

2yjvbe8.jpg

New MAF and larger T-Clamps to suit are incoming.

Also popped in a boost gauge so i can notice any leaks before they become a major issue.

dw2kh4.jpg

Last edited: