Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pollushon's VSII Acclaim

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
You won't see no 12 second run.. his selling it...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
It sure was a big 2015, here's the abridged version :)

Prior to the pics by Tom Bear I spent a lot of time on the old girl, primarily trans work, slapped in the 3.89 TrueTrac and replaced all the silicon/rubber and clamps which clawed a fair bit of boost back (among other tinkering).

In June I went out to the Sydney drags and had some fun runs. Unfortunately I discovered some major tune problems at red-line WOT, nevertheless managed to run a 13.8 with a broken mangtec.

x0ra7o.jpg

[video]https://youtu.be/j04lp5R4iIk[/video] (sorry won't embed)

Went home licked my wounds and made an appointment with Joe Ellis from Ace Performance for the Saturday before the Sunday meet in July. At this point I knew a high 12 was possible.

Joe was amazing, boy knows his boosted Delco and after 5 hours of road tuning the car was a tight little monster with perfect AFR, I was beside myself hankering for Sunday. Naturally Saturday night we went cruising out to Harry's etc and had some fun. Then the unthinkable happened, the Gilmer snapped and my car was boostless. I became a spectator on Sunday sadly.

Sent the compressor up to Timmy for a service/Gilmer and boost upgrade but his balancing boy was on holidays so it was Gilmer only. Then I went cruising up in the Whitsundays for a bit (Audi Race Week), got sidetracked by some big projects at work, a kid going to Highschool, blah, blah, blah....

Then in November this happened:

osy9ti.jpg

1z65apv.jpg

Long story short it's an economic write off. She wasn't insured so I struck a deal with her to keep the insurance companies away, keep my car and keep it off any write off register. Sure I could grab another VS and swap stuff over but I've been doing this the last 10 years with the old girl, she's pretty sentimental to me and as I can't justify repairing it, I need to let her go. Someone will be wrapped with the package for $5k, it's a car full of goodies.

Then this popped up for next to nix going to waste in a front yard across the road from me, so I had to buy it.

x455wg.jpg

Needs a lot of paint and interior (leather) work but mechanically it's beautiful (T56) and has had some work done to it. Perfect candidate for a GT45, so that's what I'm going to do :)

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY 1 Tonner S V6 Raptor Charged!
Sad to see it come to an end. Good opportunity to move on though.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
That sucks man. No more Mangforce :(

Wombles

Cars cost too much.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'72 LJ Torana, '95 VS Acclaim and V8 wagon
Still trying to sell, I see. Sad that you havent got another vs to swap the gear...

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Thanks guys, yeah finally moved off my arse and got the new beast on the road (under permit), the day has come to get rid of the silver lady