Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Poor Brake Performance

Aussie beef

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ SV8
Hi Guys,

I have noticed recently my SV8 has been very unsettled at times when braking, this can be cold or warm doesn't make a difference but it is very random, when applying the brakes at either higher speeds or lower, more noticeable at higher speeds, it feels as though the rear of the car is pulling slightly then aligns its self almost instantly after, I have checked brake fluids and this has not fallen, could it be an issue of glazed braking surface or more sinister?

Was thinking it maybe a slave is on the way out but then I would imagine that if it pressure loss of some sort I would see some fluid loss?

Also my brakes are after market slotted and ventilated PBR's.

Does anyone know where I should start with this one?

RUN41T

Go forth and modify
Reaction score
Members Ride
79 Vb Sle
Hi Guys,

I have noticed recently my SV8 has been very unsettled at times when braking, this can be cold or warm doesn't make a difference but it is very random, when applying the brakes at either higher speeds or lower, more noticeable at higher speeds, it feels as though the rear of the car is pulling slightly then aligns its self almost instantly after, I have checked brake fluids and this has not fallen, could it be an issue of glazed braking surface or more sinister?

Was thinking it maybe a slave is on the way out but then I would imagine that if it pressure loss of some sort I would see some fluid loss?

Also my brakes are after market slotted and ventilated PBR's.

Does anyone know where I should start with this one?

Give the system a good bleed, could be some air in the lines or old shitty oil...

Im always surprised how much better the pedal can feel after a good flush/bleed, Thats your best bet for a starting point.

Garrett

CONROD

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS THUNDER 6.0l 6 Sp
Sounds like you have a sticking piston in one of the calipers. NO slave cyl as its not drums on the rear.