Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Possible ban for young drivers on Friday and Saturday nights

the_trademarc

The Cult Of Personality
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Members Ride
E-Series 1 Clubsport R8
Something to think about. Are P platers really writing them selves off at an alarming rate or is it now more apparent due to excessive media coverage.

Of course its the media exposure- its an easy stereotypical target to get the governments POV across. I personally think that older people and people who don't know BASIC road rules are bigger concerns, but its harder to justify spending money to educate, so its easier to attack young drivers, using the inexperience card.

Granted some are cockheads who think they're God, but as with most things, that's a minority.

MAG00

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY S2 Calais
Of course its the media exposure- its an easy stereotypical target to get the governments POV across. I personally think that older people and people who don't know BASIC road rules are bigger concerns, but its harder to justify spending money to educate, so its easier to attack young drivers, using the inexperience card.

Granted some are cockheads who think they're God, but as with most things, that's a minority.

Exactly, I'm on my P-plates and have nearly been involved in several crashes, none of which have been my fault. For instance, the other day I was nearly hit by an old lady in a round about who failed to indicate she was turning right, luckily I was slow enough on the throttle to still have enough room in front of my to give her right of way.

I am so sick of the stereotypical targeting from the media, especially when the spotlight is shone on us by politicians trying to raise their pathetic public ratings.

More money needs to be going into retesting more 'experienced' drivers, as opposed to constantly implementing more bullshit ways to screw us over.
I see so much dodgey F###ing driving from older licensed drivers that it isn't funny.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Exactly, I'm on my P-plates and have nearly been involved in several crashes, none of which have been my fault. For instance, the other day I was nearly hit by an old lady in a round about who failed to indicate she was turning right, luckily I was slow enough on the throttle to still have enough room in front of my to give her right of way.

I am so sick of the stereotypical targeting from the media, especially when the spotlight is shone on us by politicians trying to raise their pathetic public ratings.

More money needs to be going into retesting more 'experienced' drivers, as opposed to constantly implementing more bullshit ways to screw us over.
I see so much dodgey F###ing driving from older licensed drivers that it isn't funny.

LOL, so you failed to give way to someone already on the roundabout and almost caused an accident? This is why we have P plates. Experience would tell you that you trust no-one and wait until you are clear. Sure she did not indicate, but at the end of the day it would have been you who was at fault.
In almost all instances old people can be predicted, young dumb and wanting to be full of cum drivers are unpredictable and so many scare me when I see what they do every day on the roads.

Tim Smtih

Sexy Man
Reaction score
Website
tinyurl.com
Members Ride
just buy a v8 lol
Not to pick on P platers (because obviously not everyone is a wreckless fool) but as others have said i see them coming and brace myself. "oh here comes another P plater, i'll have to get out of their way as they know everything". They flash their indicator once, throw themselves in and out of lanes and drive with more disregard than the kids at sideshow alley on the "dodge'em cars". I think it took a year or two into my opens before i showed that sort of confidence on the roads. Maybe i'm just jealous that i'm not as cool as them.

Last edited:

acex1138

Post Overlord
Reaction score
Members Ride
Kawasaki GPX
LOL, so you failed to give way to someone already on the roundabout and almost caused an accident? This is why we have P plates. Experience would tell you that you trust no-one and wait until you are clear. Sure she did not indicate, but at the end of the day it would have been you who was at fault.
In almost all instances old people can be predicted, young dumb and wanting to be full of cum drivers are unpredictable and so many scare me when I see what they do every day on the roads.

how's that high horse going for ya?

RvtRvx

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Lumina 3.8
Something else to think about:

So far this is how much it cost me to get my Green P's,

L's
First Test attempt $30 (Failed because I said a Truck drivers blood alcohol limit is .05 its actually .02 any question to do with alcohol wrong = instant fail)
Second Attempt $30
Purchase of L's License $40
Driving Lessons 8x$50= $400 (over a period of twelve months)

Red P's
Driving Test $50
Purchase of License $50

Green P's
Knowledge Test $50 (if you fail you pay this again, this a computer test -_-)
Purchase of License $70

So far I have had to spend $720 just to get my green p's and that figure doesn't account for all the time, money and stress spent getting those ####ing 120 hours completed.

Where is this money going? Certainly not the Pacific Highway bypass in Coffs Harbour that continues to Kill every year.

Wtf Government :/

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
how's that high horse going for ya?

What high horse exactly?

The guy posted he broke the law and blamed the old person for not giving way. I was unaware stating he was in the wrong was being on a high horse.

Seriously, try harder to come up with something better next time(I am sure you have another 5000 word post to add on a similar story).