Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pow3rslave's sv enhanced VP

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
took some bay pictures the other night, since then i've painted the inner guard and wiped down the covers and got em back to high shine. (sprayed coolant all over them bleeding the system)

f2d5ce33.jpg

1a6254fe.jpg

Here's the carputer and in dash touch screen. haven't wired in all the speakers yet, but basically i'll have in dash touch screen nav, internet, all my mp3's and a bunch of vids.

wired it up so it'll only open with the handbrake on, which should keep the coppers happy, only problem is i have a reverse camera i want to use with it :(

43ffd8eb.jpg

96e5004a.jpg

891df96f.jpg

azzfox

Braaap.
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VE SS-V
I must say that Im VN biased as far as looks go but that is one sexy VP you have there! Love the aero rims too. I also think its great that this thread was started in 2007 and you are still hanging onto it! But I must ask where did you get that steering wheel? Or did it come with the car? Guessing it did being enhanced. But I would love one for my SV seeing they came out with just a black calais wheel at first. '90 or '91 models then had that wheel...

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
Car looks excellent mate, very clean, one of the best VP's I have seen.

Nice work with the carputer, Is the navigation system inbuilt with the carputer? And will you attempt to have it display diagnostics, or is that not possible due to the OBD I interface (I've seen OBD II cars have diagnostics on the carputer)

And back when you had the V6 in it, did the wade 992a regrind cam take much away from the low end. And did it go better 0-100 than stock?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
And back when you had the V6 in it, did the wade 992a regrind cam take much away from the low end. And did it go better 0-100 than stock?

I'll answer this considering i bought the motor off him and used it in my old wagon. Auto wise i found it no different to stock S1 (take note of S1) v6 down low 0-100 id say it was definetly quicker than stock engine and its pulled **** load better than stock above 3500rpm ported heads would have helped up there too. Considering theirprice theyre well worthwile mod if installing yourself

Bizmark

Reaction score
Members Ride
93' Pov-Pac
I'll answer this considering i bought the motor off him and used it in my old wagon. Auto wise i found it no different to stock S1 (take note of S1) v6 down low 0-100 id say it was definetly quicker than stock engine and its pulled **** load better than stock above 3500rpm ported heads would have helped up there too. Considering theirprice theyre well worthwile mod if installing yourself

S1 V6's are known for being quite punchy down low so that's a plus. Does it use much more fuel with the cam? I should be able to get a mate to install it for me so my main expense would be parts if I did go with the 992a cam.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
i did not notice any difference in fuel usage when changing motors. if you drove it normally it might even been a little better.

My comparison is a 360,000k motor vs a 180,000k motor with a lot of mods but i it was defenitly no worse on fuel