Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pre-Workout Snacks/Drinks

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
Magnesium powder is a natural mineral, not processed to pump in extra crap. Protein bars as an example, are nothing but processed crap.

That is my point :)

Ah k.
See I have no clue about Health stuff.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I remember when I didn't have time to eat a full meal after work that 2 min noodles would help a little. You have a microwave at work?

skipzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 A4
Dude that's crazy! How can you have 2 full meals? Of course your getting the energy and protein etc from all that!
I can only have a meal after workout and snacks before. It would cost too much for me! and I'm not weight training either.
I need food that is ready to eat because I finish work and drive straight to martial arts and usually am 5-10 mins late already. Also need slow gradual energy foods so I last for 3hrs.
What Do you mean by dextrose after training? like name something you have.
Whats this white tea for? I always thought green tea haha.

I know you said you dont want suppluments, but this kinda falls inbetween;
oatmass 1kg
Its called OATMASS (google it if link doesnt work) Its just Oatmeal in a very fine powder form so it mixes in water without a blender or anything. Oatmeal is low GI and have some healthy fats.

If im going somewhere and i know i wont be able to eat a proper meal i have;
65g Oatmass
35g Whey Protein
20g almonds.
thats roughly 40carbs 40 protein and 20g fat.

As for the dextrose, thats just glucose powder that you can find in any cole/safeway.
The basic theory behind is it, is that is a very high GI carb which spikes the insulin, which then accelerates the bodys absorption of the amino acids (proteins). If your not weight training then i would prolly give it a miss.

And for the white tea; i read it in an article one, from memory it has something to do with the anti oxidents (has more than green tea) and maybe alittle to do with the caffeine. If you have some around the house try it. seems to work for me. oh and it also has two amino acids which affect the brain, but dont quote me on that.

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
So... uhh.. anyone wanna explain to me which is better for me (3hrs martial arts (1hr learn skills w/ minor practice, 1hr conditioning, 1hr using skills in practice), 4 times a week):

Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH); - partially pre-digested, amino acids gets absorbed faster?
Micellar Casein (MPI); - slow release protein, prevent muscle catabolism?
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC); - Higher fat and lactose levels, less protein levels, medium release?
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI); - High protein, Low fat & lactose/carbs, digested extremely quickly?
Tri-Release Protein - Blend of WPC, WPI & MPI, continous slower release of protein?

I'm looking at Fitness Central.

I have been using Vital Strength Launch - "Launch Protein is a quality blend of WPI and WPC combining the benefits of both fast and slower release protein sources." Per serve (40g) you get 31.9g Protein, 1.9g Carbs, 8g BCAA.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
I LOL at people buying all thes ecreatine **** etc protein bars lol. Natural foods do a much better job than all this processed ****. No wonder these companies are so loaded.
I spoke with a guy selling protein shakes bars and more. 30 minutes we talked about it. I walked away with his advice. Don't buy them, you can get enough protein and carbohydrate over 4-5-6 meals per day. All you need is that 25grams per meal of protein, and enough carbs when you really need them during the day. Watch out having to much carbs at night. and that is basically it. He would only recommend protein shakes mass drinks if your the type who struggles with adding weight. Or if your hungry at night and don't want to sit to a meal (to late). Have a shake. He would have 4 meals per day, and 1 shake after work out. and one later at night. he was worried about eating the wrong thing at night because he didn't want his weight to blow out. He was around 95kg about 185cm.

Good to have an honest seller. he wouldn't make much cash:p.

skipzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 A4
So... uhh.. anyone wanna explain to me which is better for me (3hrs martial arts (1hr learn skills w/ minor practice, 1hr conditioning, 1hr using skills in practice), 4 times a week):

Whey Protein Hydrolysate (WPH); - partially pre-digested, amino acids gets absorbed faster?
Micellar Casein (MPI); - slow release protein, prevent muscle catabolism?
Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC); - Higher fat and lactose levels, less protein levels, medium release?
Whey Protein Isolate (WPI); - High protein, Low fat & lactose/carbs, digested extremely quickly?
Tri-Release Protein - Blend of WPC, WPI & MPI, continous slower release of protein?

I'm looking at Fitness Central.

I have been using Vital Strength Launch - "Launch Protein is a quality blend of WPI and WPC combining the benefits of both fast and slower release protein sources." Per serve (40g) you get 31.9g Protein, 1.9g Carbs, 8g BCAA.

My opinion;
If you only want one Protein supplement then get WPC.
The only reason to get WPI is if your rich and dont care about price, or lactose intolerant. WPC actually have 2 more amino acids that help with immune system.
I personally think WPH is worthless. I do take casein at night before bed but in your case i dont think its needed.

I buy all my products from BulkNutrients, they are the cheapest place by far.
Bulk Nutrients

Deutscher

Reaction score
Members Ride
Toyota MR2
My opinion;
If you only want one Protein supplement then get WPC.
The only reason to get WPI is if your rich and dont care about price, or lactose intolerant. WPC actually have 2 more amino acids that help with immune system.
I personally think WPH is worthless. I do take casein at night before bed but in your case i dont think its needed.

I buy all my products from BulkNutrients, they are the cheapest place by far.
Bulk Nutrients

Recon BulkNutrients is good? I saw their website, they don't really have much visual images. I.e I don't see what the products come in, are they satchells or container? Maker? Looks like they got only 1 brand and they put in re-sealable pouches?

skipzor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 5.7 A4
Recon BulkNutrients is good? I saw their website, they don't really have much visual images. I.e I don't see what the products come in, are they satchells or container? Maker? Looks like they got only 1 brand and they put in re-sealable pouches?

Yeah the best. their products come in resealable bags. All those supplement companies get their protein from practical the same place; New Zealand. So quality isnt an issue.