Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

PRICE CHECK PLEASE and or advice

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
Im potentialy going about to be hired in a job about 90km from home. i will be traveling to and from on a daily basis on a pretty secluded road with minimal traffic and basicly no night traffic. So if the old girl broke down id be up the ****. So what im doing is repacing these parts that are failing or have not been changed scince new. to try help the engine reliabilty to get me home even. not worried about drive line parts casue its likley ill make it home with dodgey driveline part. i just dont want it conking out in the hot summer heat and me being there stuck like a burnt tomato after ive been weldiing in long sleeve clothes all day and feel like dieing. so basicly i dont want car to conk out. ive replaced 02 sensors in the past. coolant temp sensors and thats about it i think so anyone else know what i should replace to toughen the old girl up for the 60 thousand km a year journey

4 Tyres (RE92'S) - Already know price of
TPS Sensor
Coil Packs & Dfi Module
CAS Sensor
Power Steering Seal Kit
Replace/Rebuild Air Conditioner Compressor + Regas + Replace Condensor Unit
Replace MAF Sensor
Replace Power Steering Filter

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
4 Tyres (RE92'S) - Already know price of
TPS Sensor - $30ish
Coil Packs & Dfi Module $200ish
CAS Sensor - $40-50ish
Power Steering Seal Kit $ 10-20ish plus fitting it
Replace/Rebuild Air Conditioner Compressor + Regas + Replace Condensor Unit - Replacement - 500-600Ish Plus Gas
Replace MAF Sensor - Not Sure thought the VS had a MAP sensor not a MAF
Replace Power Steering Filter[/QUOTE] - N/A

Anyway id be Looking also at Harmonic Balancer, Water pump, Temp Sensors, Fuel Pump, New Idle Pulleys, New Belt, & service all round, Thermostat, New Radiator hoses.

fonzo

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs berlina s2
This has had new water pump. temp sensors. fuel pump. idler pulley, new belt, thermostat and hoses.....and this one does have a filter for the power steer. but i should of wrote i know the price of this already