Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price Of Oil?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Filled the ute up tonight. With a 1/3 of a tank it was still $100 to fill. Probably could have squeezed in another $10 if I when to the top of the filler neck. The other day it took $130 and that was when petrol was 9cpl less but I was probably down to my last 12L. I reckon from the dash light on to top of the neck would be $160 now to fill it.

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Cool, so according to this website my local service stations are selling U91 at a substantial loss, at a retail price of $1.77 also considering the cost of having the doors open and pumping it into my fuel tank?
What a bunch of great guys.
Depends on when they bought the fuel in their storage tanks. They might still be making money if they filled their underground tanks a while ago.

The MSM on the 6 o’clock news like to portray that they have the inside run on fuel prices and telling you when to fill up. They just keep the actual information to themselves, which is the wholesale price of petrol from the AIP website.

If the retail price is close to or below the wholesale price on the AIP website the servos are about to put the price up. In most cases the servos only drop the price to within 2-4 cents of the wholesale price and then smash it back up again.

That means they make a fair margin at the bottom of the price cycle and an absolute killing at the top of the cycle. They almost never sell for a loss contrary to what they would have you believe.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Food and other consumer items that require transportation to our shops/warehouses will continue to increase in price if the oil price keeps rising. There is some speculation that if Ukraine/Russia/NATO war drags on, which then triggers China to advance on Taiwan, the oil price could rise from its current ~$90/b to $125-170/b

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
But I bet the average coffee been grower has never seen or heard of a computer.

The grower yes, the picker, perhaps not.

Yeah coffee is huge.
FXSSI places coffee at #8 in the most traded commodity (food related)
This is after Silver, Gold, Iron Ore, Copper, Steel, and Oil at #1 (WTI & Brent Crude)

Is that by the East or West of Java?

Unless you work for the NSA or the Pentagon

If it benefit the political agenda you are protected. If no, nobody will hear from the whistleblower.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
There is an independent servo here in Ipswich run by Indian people. The only reason for mentioning that they are Indian is that english is a second language to them. I was filling up (prior to Costco) and asked him a question. He thought I had asked if they made any money in the cheap cycle, I hadn't. His response was yes they still made some profit. Costco are selling 98 petrol at $1.82. Sure they would sell more petrol than the rest of Ipswich put together and is completely self service though they do have some staff there. They get their petrol from Mobil so it's not like they import their own fuel. They do have a store next door but not all people necessarily buy at the store when they get petrol. There is a membership fee of $60 a year but for someone using a lot of petrol it wouldn't make much difference. Who would know their thinking is but I'm sure they are not in the business of losing money.

Last edited:

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
What is up with Indians and Quicky Marts?
Indians from India. They seem to get into that sort of thing as they do with grocery shops. Quicky marts flew over my head.

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
Quicky marts flew over my head.

Was a pun, a joke based on the Simpson's Apu character that runs the Kwik-E-Mart. Sorry, messed up the spelling of the store name.

Screenshot_20220302-194041_Brave.jpg

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
Was a pun, a joke based on the Simpson's Apu character that runs the Kwik-E-Mart. Sorry, messed up the spelling of the store name.

View attachment 234387
Even with the correct spelling it would still have flown over my head. I know who the Simpsons are but have never watched them.