Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Price of petrol

satos

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Berlina
Driving past a mobil qix servo in melbourne today,the price of ulp was $1.44 a litre.This was the highest price of petrol I have ever seen.The way things are going it could reach $1.80 by xmas.These oil companies should be held liable they are just plainly ripping us off and the government is doing **** all about it.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
satos said:
Driving past a mobil qix servo in melbourne today,the price of ulp was $1.44 a litre.This was the highest price of petrol I have ever seen.The way things are going it could reach $1.80 by xmas.These oil companies should be held liable they are just plainly ripping us off and the government is doing **** all about it.

Thats because the higher the price of fuel is the more cash the government get, why would they do anything about it?

dinodog

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 SS
In nz we are paying $1.70 a lt for 91 and 1.85 for 96 then 1.95 for 98 now and they reckon that it will be $2.00 for 91 by xmas, we are paying 0.60 in tax on gas it sucks.Wont be long before the big red SS is sitting in the shed doing s...t.

Darren

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
BYD Atto 3 / RAV4 Hybrid
I was going to fill up on the way home yesterday but when I saw 1.44 for unleaded and I use BP Ultimate I thought forget that idea I'll just wait until next week.

It's getting to a point where I'm really having to think about where I go, not that I go out a huge amount as it is.

I really feel for the likes of people who commute everyday or who are already on the edge, no matter what way you look at it the government is rubbing their hands together with glee, lets not forget to mention everything else ie food, plane tickets etc will go up as a result.

It would be very nice if our wages would go up to compensate the rising fuel prices but that's rather unlikely to happen.

I hate to say it but I doubt very much my next car will be a Commodore unless it's diesel, I might even have to get a bike, geez now that's a very scary thought.

MYSS94

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 SSVR | VU2 SS Ute
Yeah, it's a little ridiculous!

However, i love my v8 commies too much to just stop driving 'em!
A small car would be sensible - but i love my commodores too much!!!

grigor

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Executive, R31, R33
Diesel???

Have you checked the price of diesel lately? It's absolutely gone through the roof.
It will go much higher as buyers opt for the new generation of light weight high power turbo diesels from Europe, and demand for distillate increases.
Same story as LPG a few years back.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Darren said:
lets not forget to mention everything else ie food, plane tickets etc will go up as a result..

on the radio this morning they said Jetstar and Qantes have jacked up the price of plane tickets.:ranting:

i think i might buy a postie bike CT110 and drive that to work

jack.mc

Nothing witty to say :(
Reaction score
Website
www.jacks-lounge.com
Members Ride
VN Vacationer
If the government remove the petrol tax, you will not see an extra cent. They'll just tax you somewhere else...

1vngal

Reaction score
Members Ride
'Ruby' 1991 VN Exec & '98 Proton M21 Coupe
ULP hit $1.40 here yesterday, highest it's been in a long time. Jumped up really quick too. It was a $1.29 about 2 weeks ago. Is it true the QLD government has a subsidary or something like that, that keeps ULP around the $1.17 mark?

yosy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ 5.0
I surpose if every one went to the servo with a lighter and spewd it all over the servo and lit it up every day then i guess they would lower the price or at the verry least we need a pact that no one pay for it but we need people with nuts thatl do it just go to the servo and fill up if the atendent wont let you then no offence to the console operator but were takin your bosses ****
be a man and let it happen
I may quit my job and go work as a console operator and for a whole shift until i get shut down ill give away free juice
lets get an army of console operators in every staqte to join a petrol malicha
and if enough do it same time every state it will make a rucus:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: FVCK OPEC AND BP ALIKE

blame little gay jonnie removed offensive words :thumbsup:
nufff said

Last edited: