Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project: Commodore powered buggy

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
that things is nuts. i love it..

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
just noticed this post today . . . . .
this thing in insane dude, coming together very nice, goodluck with it

where did u get the idea for a thing like this? also (if dont mind me asking) how much has it cost u?

CALAIS 6

snowballing
Reaction score
Members Ride
05 vz exec
that looks farking awesome man u gotta post some vids of it in action when its done top work dude

maddog

Mantis Motorsports
Reaction score
Website
maddog.zook.org
just noticed this post today . . . . .
this thing in insane dude, coming together very nice, goodluck with it

where did u get the idea for a thing like this? also (if dont mind me asking) how much has it cost u?

I've been competing in a Jeep for a few years now, and we've been keeping an eye on the rock crawling sport as it grows in Australia. After our last major event this year, I sold my competition Jeep and started building this buggy up to compete in the new class.

In terms of the design, it's just been designed around what I think will work best from my experience competing in off road events and from what I've seen work well on other buggies.

I've been keeping track of all the costs as the build has been going on. I've spent about $34k so far and the total build cost will be approximately $40k by the time it's finished. It's only been that cheap because I've managed to get some excellent deals on a lot of the components, myself and my navigator have done all the fabrication and assembly ourselves.

maddog

Mantis Motorsports
Reaction score
Website
maddog.zook.org
The buggy has been stripped down to the bare frame of the weekend, we made a few minor adjustments and all the final welds were finished off. We tested how myself and Ann hang in the frame when it's on its side and upside down.

Ann has plenty of clearance all around her, my helmet gets fairly close to diagonal brace in the roof, but we'll just pad it and hope for the best. It would have been nice to make the roof 2-3" higher, but we'll live with it.

The frame then was transported to Troy's place where we prepsol'd it and have it sitting ready to be undercoated this afternoon.

Here's some pics of the fun.

Finished_Frame_001.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_006.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_010.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_011.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_013.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_015.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_019.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_020.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_026.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_027.sized.jpg

Finished_Frame_028.sized.jpg