Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project: Commodore powered buggy

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i don't even want to think about where you would start to make that thing.... lol

maddog

Mantis Motorsports
Reaction score
Website
maddog.zook.org
Yeah it's a bit like that when you start building it, but it all comes together fairly quickly. In saying that, there are bits that take days to build because they're fiddly or you have to remake them because you change your mind 1/2 way through making that part.

maddog

Mantis Motorsports
Reaction score
Website
maddog.zook.org
Did a bit more work yesterday and today on it. Have run into a frustrating problem where the rear brake caliper mounts are not right and it looks like they'll have to be cut off and re-made. I'm sure we checked them as we were making them but it looks like something's gone wrong.

Here's some pics

Steering ram is back on.

DSC_0019.sized.jpg

Some random shots

DSC_0018.sized.jpg

DSC_0016.sized.jpg

DSC_0004_001.sized.jpg

The interior console

DSC_0015.sized.jpg

DSC_0005_001.sized.jpg

The radiator pipes have been heate wrapped for 2 reasons. Firstly to stop heat getting to the wiring and in under the console and secondly to stop the power studs from earthing out on them if the pipes were to move and hit. The studs also have rubber boots over them, but better safe than sorry.

DSC_0012.sized.jpg

DSC_0009_001.sized.jpg

VL Berlina 5speed

Apprentice Panel Pusher
Reaction score
Members Ride
Project VL Show car, VS Exec, VY Ute, YZ250F

maddog

Mantis Motorsports
Reaction score
Website
maddog.zook.org
Did a bit more work on it tonight. The hydraulics are mostly setup now. Pirtek made up all the lines for me for the steering and also supplied the stuff for me to make up the fuel system. Pretty expensive stuff.

Half the wiring is done. Still waiting on the motor wiring loom from the guy in Melbourne. He tells me he will be sending it Tuesday so I should have it Wednesday with any luck.

Running out of time to get it all done before put up or shut up. Still have to build the diffs up and finish off the brake system. Some of the brake lines we had made up need fittings changed.

Running out of room to run cables and hose lines

DSC_0012_001.sized.jpg

DSC_0004_002.sized.jpg

DSC_0002_002.sized.jpg

DSC_0008_002.sized.jpg

DSC_0007_002.sized.jpg

DSC_0011_001.sized.jpg

Looks pretty messy with the wiring everywhere

DSC_0005_002.sized.jpg

As it sits tonight. Will be back tomorrow to do more work. Might start looking at putting the centres together.

DSC_0001_001.sized.jpg

MBS206

Reaction score
Looking very hot there mate.

And after something similar is about to start in my back shed.
But I won't be running a V8 motor, nor a powerglide... :p
Looking at running a 3.8L commo motor, with a few little tricks to get it all short, and narrow (Think, Go-Kart with 125KW at fly...)
Most likely run the 4L60E (As I already have motor and box from old car :p)

I'll have to post up some pics also, and I'll be running front mount, rear drive, ATM, engine will be N/A, and if it's deemed quick enough, left alone, if not, twin T28 strapped on for more Oomph...

MBS206

Reaction score
Mine = a fun buggy, muck around, burnout, little bit of track work, (Need to go speak to the local go-kart place, they've allowed it before) build it easy, build it cheap (Hence going FR setup as I have most of the gear already, just need to buy metal)

The buggy from this thread = Rock Climbing.