Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Project Phoenix - VR Grange tribute/replica

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
More bits rolling in to finish things up.

Found a company called The Nut Store which does really nice stainless cap screws and nuts etc to dress the engine bay up, really well priced too. And had a delivery from rare spares of bits.
NQO0Xro.jpg

I also got a marketplace score the other day, I found some VQ velour seats that I really liked the design of to replace the tired leather seats (as you've probably read in other threads I've been wanting to go back to velour for a while as Holden "leather" shits me and these are way more comfortable).

They aren't the elusive S1 VQ velour caprice seats which I'll hopefully find one day, but these will do in the meantime, got them for a really good price so I gave them a hit with the bissel and started cleaning them up.

The leather seats will go into storage, I might get them retrimmed in real leather one day. I like leather, I just don't like OEM pleather.

3jsuorY.jpg
B447yFG.png

They are so soft.

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
A very big update that will make @Deuce happy :p

Been keeping this one quiet until the ink was dried etc.

Aim is to have it built and ready to swap in over my xmas break, I don't want to rush it to get it in car now (and the block still needs to go away for cleaning, surfacing, honing/boring).

jEJz309.png

I got caught up on a couple of years of tax returns that I'd completely forgotten I hadn't lodged (my baaad) and the minister of finance allowed the funds to be spent on the car (she's a keeper).

Last edited:

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
Problem with having a stroker is you'll never want to go back to 304ci...the difference is silly especially the added drivability it makes.

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
A very big update that will make @Deuce happy :p

Been keeping this one quiet until the ink was dried etc.

Aim is to have it built and ready to swap in over my xmas break, I don't want to rush it to get it in car now (and the block still needs to go away for cleaning, surfacing, honing/boring).

jEJz309.png

I got caught up on a couple of years of tax returns that I'd completely forgotten I hadn't lodged (my baaad) and the minister of finance allowed the funds to be spent on the car (she's a keeper).
Legend!!!

someguy360

Reaction score
Members Ride
Various
Made some decent progress today.

Replaced a split steering rack boot that I broke when I was dropping the rack to get the extractors back in.

Made battery setup 2.0 - My old battery wasn't happy after sitting around for 6 months so I upgraded to an optima and an aeroflow tray (trays look much nicer than clunky boxes imo).

fULOGiQ.png

Installed a Aeroflow gilmer drive kit. Not going to be everyones cup of tea however I did it for the look not the sound. The belts so loose (as they are supposed to be) you can barely hear it at all. But I think the chunky belt helps with the pro street/street machine sort of look I'm going for.

The whine noise that comes from the belt is when morons over tighten them for the wank.
jzw8d0n.png

As some of you might have seen in another thread I found out my new bonnet insulator is probably 1.5-2 months away rather than the week away like I thought. Went to upullit this morning with low hopes of finding one that wasn't ruined but I found one for $30 which isn't terrible. I'm going to chuck that on to get the car on the road until mine arrives. (Being acrylic paint I don't want the bonnt to get too hot, thats how you get faded paint).
LDsZtfG.png

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
What's with the fancy drive belt set up? Is that ready for boost down the track?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
What's the idea of it though? Is it just so you can run one belt?
The factory 11 profile belt only runs over those 3 pulleys anyway (a different one for power steering, and another again for air-conditioning) just changed in style and size. Basically it's just a looks thing.
Because, 90's pro street build!
Everything should continue to work and operate as usual.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Gilmer belt is positive drive(no slip) instead of friction drive that you get with a V belt.