Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Psychopath vandalised my car

EDGE3

Reaction score
Members Ride
1997 VS COMMODORE,1996 GTS-R COMMODORE
Fine sand it back to bare metal then prime it then sand it again then go get a can of matching colour coded paint and spray it let it dry then give it another spray wait a week then orbit polish the hell out of it

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Fine sand it back to bare metal then prime it then sand it again then go get a can of matching colour coded paint and spray it let it dry then give it another spray wait a week then orbit polish the hell out of it

Sounds a bit extreme... maybe as a last resort. Is it possible to add a clearcoat on top? Or that's only done during the production of the car? Don't want it to look horrible and oxidised after a couple of years.

bigdaddycool

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SS SILVER SEDAN

dobesz

355ssute
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs ss ute
Not good they look a little deep to polish out. Why not get a quote and claim on insurance? Depends how much your exces is I guess!
Dog act tho

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Why not get a quote and claim on insurance? Depends how much your exces is I guess!
Dog act tho

That system doesn't exist in Saudi, no such thing as insurance for car vandalism. On the up side, no taxes on anything here. Plenty of money lying around, so the cost for repair isn't much of an issue.

mint

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE
"Ask A Spraypainter" would be my advice. There is a topic called just that here.

My Bet the advice will run something like:
Sanding - NO way, not even with 1200, it's down to primer
Touch Up - NO way
Touch Up & sanding - What are you on?

Respray the door - On the money. Might cost you a couple of hundred, but other options will cost you more when you sell it!

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
Deep Polish I heard of it from a show in the UK called Wheeler Dealers the mechanic on the show has done on several cars and they have come up pretty good if you search the internet you should get some tips on how to

Good Luck