Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Public access

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I feel it would be a good idea if not all the forum was accessible by people or bots who are not members logged into the forum.

The whole main section, including the pub
Show off your ride in the Holden Commodore Related Section.

For privacy of course but also a feint bit of security. (Members rides etc)

Having certain threads of controversial nature just there for anyone other than forum members isn’t real cool IMO as someone googling some junk topic could find info and become a member for no other reason than to stir. It maybe that they have no interest in Commodores or Holdens.

I don’t want to see the forum become like a Facebook overflow.

Also bot access to certain sections of the forum. Not everything should be searchable.

It might not be much, but I feel at the very least the forum should grow with Holden enthusiasts rather than randoms.

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I recall another forum that had some closed sections for some topics that sometimes provoked debate. They were password protected and the moderator would provide the passwords (via private message) to the regular members who asked. It worked quite well.

The password bit wasn’t really a burden as it was only required for the initial access to those closed forums as the forum software automatically allowed access for subsequent visits

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES
Yeah, I don’t mind that idea.

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Having certain threads of controversial nature just there for anyone other than forum members isn’t real cool IMO as someone googling some junk topic could find info and become a member for no other reason than to stir. It maybe that they have no interest in Commodores or Holdens.
I have no idea about how bots work, but I know how flogs work ........ "Wots me car worth" and "Can I put 20 X 12 inch rims on me 'Dore" ........... and then they are never heard from again.
That is where the ban stick should be used more often.
Too much personal info will have the Russians putting a ransom on our Holdens..

As I mentioned in another post, Australian Ford Forums require you to log in for about 95% of their content. Bit of a PITA for a casual looker.
And not as user friendly, and comment friendly, as JC. There is a pecking order there, and any comment by a 'junior' member that is not in line with Blue Oval philosophy gets jumped all over.
I would not like JC to become an exclusive toffee nose club like that.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Bots are from search engines. They are sent in to find things. That’s how Google search engine works. And duck duck go etc.

As an admin I could allocate what parts of our forum bots could go and what parts of our forum some random browsing the net could go.