Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pub's Darkside Project EF Fairmont

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Haha news just in car passed a rwc straight up got a headlight n tailights bulb replaced other than that passed with big silver skids.
Which Is really good considering I bought parked it and haven't touched a single thing on the car looks like I bought a gem one advantage about knowing cars when your looking at buying. Seriously a rwc 95 model fairmont for 1250 is a good buy in anyone's book.

Yes I'll be making my own manifold both inlet n exhaust illl consider doing a decent write but will also offer them for a good price to like minded people might even trade one for a tickford bodykit : p

Sent from iPhone sorry if it reads like crap

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
here's my final design of inlet manifold is the correct measurements and should fit nicely. I'll be using cut up ea-ed mpfi manifold as a base as they got a nice straight runner section. I angle the TB down a little i think but other than i think this design works well been tried and tested on plenty of RB's and it will **** all over Snort performance chinese rubbish (if you've ever seen one you'll know why.

INLETMANIFOLDspf.jpg

v6vpute

Rolling on stockies
Reaction score
Members Ride
1993 vp s sedan series 2
here's my final design of inlet manifold is the correct measurements and should fit nicely. I'll be using cut up ea-ed mpfi manifold as a base as they got a nice straight runner section. I angle the TB down a little i think but other than i think this design works well been tried and tested on plenty of RB's and it will **** all over Snort performance chinese rubbish (if you've ever seen one you'll know why.

INLETMANIFOLDspf.jpg

Looks tops mate and are you gunna have so it can take a big TB? for the right person how much would u chase?

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
yeah i can make them to suit probably 80mm maybe 90 not much point going bigger than that the diameter is only 100mm so it sort of limits your size to max 100mm . 80mm would be max youd really need with a turbo setup. Price wise ill know a bit better when i make a couple.

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
feel free to use my car as a guinea pig ;)

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Bit of an update cars get rego'd tomorrow picked up my intercooler on the weekend got from a mate for nothing really did some work on his VL turbo in exchange which i would have helped him out anyway so good deal for me.

The cooler itself is a factory Nissan Skyline GTR cooler 600x300x60 tube and fin with very well designed end tanks compared to your el cheapo ebay bar and plates.
Soon as i saw the cooler i said i want that, you just have to look at it to know its very well designed and will be far more effiencent than anything else under $300. It's got a little damage on it but nothing siginificant that would leak

intercooler.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Car got registered today, they had a little trouble finding the engine number and i played dumb :p. She brought another guy out to find it until i pointed out that the engine had been reconditioned and it has been restamped.
O)ne thing i found suprising is that the so-called new rwc laws doesnt change anything at vicroads all they did was get the vin and engine number and that was it.

Another problem has arisen a couple of weeks ago i left my interior light on which flattened the battery and in turn rooted it i almot missed my appointment as it took me a while to jumpstart it (had to borrow another flat battery) ended buying some terminals at a servo to jerry rig up my commodore battery to fit. So im up for a new battery soon but im fair broke atm.

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Got the garage door fixed today cost $140 vbut its good to have a usable garage back. Heres the car in shed commodore is toughing it out on the street with no battery :p

Excuse the quality taken on the phone

IMG_0562.jpg

Pub247

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ford Fairmont
Got these today took a couple of weeks longer than expected waited a week longer from laser cutter and then i bought something which meant i had no cash but i got them now so its all good.
I think i made the bolt holes on turbo flange too small but have to drill n tap them anyway Paul said cutting 6mm hole in a 12mm material is hard and not a good idea. Make them 8.5mm next time.

I got 5x T3/T4 turbo flanges and 4x Ford 6 flanges which i drew myself suitable to be used for Xflow and B series just needs holes drilled for motors.

Flanges.jpg