Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulled over by cops thread

Matt_vp

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
vy lumina v6 A4
and other one
i was in harvey bay on hoildays at the beach with my misses and our first child about 3 years ago when i went to my commodore to get some change to make a phone call on a pay phone. when i was unlocking my car a cop car drove past went about 20 meters down the road a did a massive burnout while doing a uturn and pulled up in the carpark on the drivers side of my car while i was locking the door, the copped in the passanger set yelled at me to stop and turn around, when i did he asked what i was doing in this car, I replyed with "just getting my wallet sir" then they both jump out of there car and ask for id i gave them my licence and one of them asked me 2 come with him about 10 meters away from my car while the other one talked on the radio. When he found out that the car was registed under my name he asked for my complete criminal and traffic history over the radio. then my misses and daughter came over and they just said have a hice day at our beach and left.

CommodoreChick

Resident Female Bevan
Reaction score
Members Ride
1985 VK
Hey guys
Ive only been pulled over once so far *touch wood* which is strange because my car's so bright, it must be because its so quiet.
When I did get pulled over I was nervous as hell because I had only just got my licence 2 days beforehand.... I was told it was for a 'random licence check'. After he had run all the checks the policeman leans in and says... "you can expect to be pulled over a fair bit considering your a nice young lady in a car like this" :my: not 100% sure what he meant by that but ah well :p
Cheers
Tara

Tom04

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs S2
iv only been pulled over once. the screws that held my number plate to my front bumber (fiberglass super car front bumper) were stuffed and my number plate would just fall out. i was at my cousins shack at the time and didnt have anything to fix it so i just put my number plate on my dash standing up. the only other time iv been pulled over is a a RBT. but that doesnt really count
the local cop in my town is a ledgend an i always have big chat to him an one night he asked me how often i get pulled over and he couldnt believe it when i said id only been pulled over once. he admited that having the front bumper that i have would normally attract alot of attention from the police with me being a P-plater. i told him when i go to adel i get followed alot but i never pulled over.

Dylan VT

Metal forever
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT commodore acclaim
I've never been pulled over by the police. I've only been breath tested once and that was when they were pulling aside every car that was going along he road, and I blew a reading of 0.00. I have only had my commodore a few weeks and haven't driven at night very much, so I'm sure I'll get pulled up soon enough.

To add a funny story (not related to being pulled over) I was at a mates house watching the football one night, and at half time we (about 5 of us) went outside onto the road to kick the footy around. The road was dead quiet, and everytime a car came past we moved off the road. We were only on the road because it was the largest flat space available.

Anyway the police drive along the road and they slow down near us and their windows are down, and because they looked at me when they stopped their car I casually asked "how are ya?". Instead of saying "yea alright" or whatever he just said "come over here" and pulled the car over. He and another policeman got out of the car, holding their batons, and they asked us what the hell we were doin'. We just said "we were watching the footy but it's half time so we just came out here to kick the footy around until the game starts again" and they looked really confused. They sussed us out a little more and said "do you know anything about a party in this area" and we said "well does it look like we're having a big party?"
They turned out to be cool guys and jokingly said "don't do drugs" when they drove off.
Later that night we had to go get some drinks and food, so we drove up the road to the shops and there was this huge party going on around the corner, with kids everywhere, in the gutter and all over the road. It all made sense! :)

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
i've been pulled over about 5 times now, all RBT's.

coppa walked all around my car sunday of double demerits, i was going to woolongong, alot of p plater hoons were going down there this particular day, he had a go at me about my p plates not being placed high enough on my back window. he wasn't too bad about it, i kinda found it funny later on because i realised all the hoons were heading to woolongong, so musta been why

Christina

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Almost genuine VT "S" + VZ "SS" Red Ute + Vk V8
oh but i have another one, my brother has never had a fine before in 5 years of driving, and he's owned a turbo ricer and now owns a 2001 evolution 7, wait, let me rephrase that, has never had a fine until about 3 weeks ago, cop pulls him over right on the border of NSW and QLD, says he'd been following him for 10kms and that my brother was radared doing 138 in a 110 zone... needless to say my brother said he wasn't, coppa started being an a-wipe, and proceeded to fine him anyway

i beleive my brother, but i know he can go fast at times, but my dad warned him for weeks on end before he left for his trip that cops wait on the outskirts of towns and when entering new towns, brother reckons he was only doing 110, coppa "apparantly" started giving my brother this whole lecture on how he's gonna end up crashing his car and blah blah blah. also had his old lancer turbo pulled over, old coppa just started saying all this crap about young drivers and my bro's car lol then they made him drive into the carpark behind the cop shop, no problems with the car maintence, so they fined him 80 bucks for only have 1 stop light not working, they worked right after he left too, of all the times to **** up

oh and another one, alot of ATM robberies where we live and where my bro works, he was pulled over 4 times in a week because of his car, getaway car was described as a "yellow sports car" lol funny, he never drives it to work either

J_D

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S1 and VS V8 Statesman
Got pulled over for RBT the other day and they told me to turn the car off. Thats the first time they have done that. Must be something about a skinhead in a VN. Obviously worried i would do a runner.

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
ive been pulled over twice, both rbt's, once in me vn and once in the vu had no trouble at all from the coppers hey. very suprising considering ive got a p plate sitting visibly on my front window. i dont mind though im pretty happy considering what some of my mates have copped.

for example $150 fine for not displaying a p plate, and the p plate had only just fallen down onto my mates dash, and it was face down. how unlucky can u get.

and $150 fine for not indicating out of a roundabout, i mean comon half the people in australia dont do this. rediculus!

personally i dont understand why coppers pick on little things like this wen they should be out stopping crims like those who broke into our house and stole my dads car. yeh and they only just found it to 6 months later.

pretty perthetic really

cheers
ryan

KingDiamond

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR
Never been pulled over in my 6 months of driving....