Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulley kit

Jeda

Reaction score
Members Ride
WN Caprice V
slower running alternator, slower running water pump, slower power steering, slower a/c pump, usually good if ur at 7k rpm all day

How much extra power does an underdriven pulley actually give you? Surely not enough to justify all the negatives.

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
slower running alternator, slower running water pump, slower power steering, slower a/c pump, usually good if ur at 7k rpm all day
Is power steering noticeably heavier?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
power prob wouldnt be noticeable without a engine dyno to record in same situations, ive seen earlier VY with under drive and at idle the alternator wasnt charging needed just the little more rpm soon as u drive to get that working, VE may be different tho as its a smart alt, i havnt used one myself as i went the 10% overdrive for the blower so all mine spin faster, water pump u want faster rather then slower, alternator needs a minimum rpm for voltage and after that it dosnt matter they spin crazy high, power steering same deal as long as its enough for it to make pressure ur ok and after that it just bypasses the pressure not needed, if u have a low stock idle then alt and steering may be slightly affected

Anthony .

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR V6 Executive
I think the aim to make the car more responsive and thus get into desired power band quicker rather than add power