Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Pulling to the left.. why?

danja

Swerves for gay koalas
Reaction score
Members Ride
CBF 250 and a Levin ZR
Well good on Blackdown Pedders then. Sounds like you guys have discovered a hen's tooth! :)

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
good work, i went to peddars in frankston and spoke to simon there, very helpful, i haven't spoken to them about my alignment issue as i got there nearly half an hour after they closed to get new sway bar link pins and simon was happy to stay open for me to collect them and then had a chat about suspension components, upgraded sway bars and strut braces, which he told me wait and see what its like first after lowered shocks and springs and go from there first.

have to replace or get power steer pump recoed due to leaking power steer fluid every where and will get new power steer rack in a couple of weeks when i get back from holidays and see how that goes, thinking about the new peddars extreme Xa coil overs all round, depends on price though and what would be better.

fuel economy is a lot better after the new bushes and alignment done now, was creeping past the 15.5 ltrs/100 now dropped to 14.5ltrs/100 after 2 days including one day in traffic to work :D

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Just checked the report for my alignment (also done at Pedders at Blacktown). No major before and after differences except for front toe. Before was -8.8mm and after was +2.2mm, so that could have been the reason for my car taking off to one side.

cpbait

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy ss commodore 5.7ltr
front sway bar link pins on mine were a little bent had a proper look at the old ones today, r/h side was bent were the thread part is at top and along the shaft. no more knocking on turns as there not bent anymore :D

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
Hey guys

Just a quick update on my car .. went to the local tyrepower yesterday and had a moan about how bad my car was ( wasn't them who stuffed it ) they were really helpful and are going to give it a thorough going over on saturday . I'll let ya know what they find !!

Harry

Reaction score
Members Ride
Silver VY SS UTE
UPDATE

went to tyrepower and what a difference .. drives straight now .. got a wheel alignment and 2 new tyres on the front ( not directonal like i had ) they tightend all the loose bolts . Basically all the stuff i was told about my car was wrong. woo hoo im a happy boy now.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Good news :) Bet your glad it was that easy... I hate when stuff breaks that you can't really upgrade.

Now if I could just find a way to damage the exhaust only so it needs "replacing"... that I could justify to the minister for war and finance muahaha

arty

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi there,

I have the same problem, So I changed my rims and tyres. The problem was still there.

Went to Beaurepaires, they told me it would be the rods(or something like that) or the rack. They said take it to Holden. That only cost me $40 (including alignment).

I then told my mechanic, he tells me to take it to another person that he knows for a second opinion.
I take it, and he tells me it has to do with the cheap tyres I have on.

I didn't tell him that it did it before even with the original ones.

I left the tyre place and it fault better. My mechanic checked it out and he found that they put over 50 psi on the front left tyre. The tyre recommends 45 psi.

How much was it for your repairs to get it fixed? and did they fix the problem?

I have given up until someone else founds the problem, as I don't have enough money to spend.