Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchasing a 2012 ve ss commodore

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
You cant drop to my level when IM KING OF THE WORLD !!!!!!!

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
Get the bog stock VF SS when it's released for $45k or wait till the release is announced and get the VE SSV Z (redline) for $42k. Depends what you want, the latest and greatest but bare bones, or tried and tested with everything.

I must admit, that's a hard choice. If it were me (and it was not so long ago) I'd save my bikkies as hard as possible for the next 6 months and get the VF SSV and drive the bargain down to the $48k mark.

I agree with most of this but I really think the VF SS will be released at more than 45K. Isn't the new model usually very highly priced? I remember a friend paying more than that for an SV 6? in the first few weeks of release.

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Just keep saving and buy one second hand. It'll be cheaper and you won't lose so much money for when it depreciates.

imoo6170

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Just keep saving and buy one second hand. It'll be cheaper and you won't lose so much money for when it depreciates.

Sound advice. Sales are not great at the moment so with a new model there will have to be discounts, particularly in the used car market.

Angeldust

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z series Clubsport HRT edition
To the OP. This has got to be the most childish full of ########s car forum on the internets in Aus.

Its like all the idiots from Street commodores forum have migrated here. The amount of crap/bad
information on here is staggering to say the least. If your not already on there, i would definetly sign
up to the ls1.com.au forum. It is much much more mature.(and moderated to stop **** like this).

To your original question.

The VF will be a lighter car due to the use of alluminium panels. It will therefore handle and go
better than the VE as a result with the same driveline. In my opinion, the VE is already way too
heavy and the previuos model VZ with the ls2/l98 6ltr was/is the optimal choice for weight/engine size.

Do what i did, buy a VZ clubbie instead.

Foggsy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SS Sedan M6
Should i buy now or wait for the VF SS ? I can get a 2012 ve ss manual for $36000 with 900km from a dealer , driveaway . Will the new VF be under 40k driveaway ?
Can people on this forum advise me on what the VE ss sold for ( not retail , actual purchased or sold prices ) in 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 , 2010 , 2011 and 2012 .

Cheers
Mike

The 2012 manual for $36,000 sounds like a pretty good deal mate. I recently bought an manual SSZ sedan and paid $42,500 drive away incl tow bar, sat nav, SSV tail lights and a full size spare alloy. When i did my research for finance reasons I found that 5 year old SS's with average kays were selling for $23K-$25K. This is on the SS not the SSV, the V seems to take a bit more of a hit on resale.

Like a previous poster, I am sort of happy that I have an end of the run car as one would hope that any issues had been worked out, particularly with the IQ system etc. The VF from all reports and apart from the sheet metal changes front and rear will still use the current Gen 4 motor until well into 2014 before possibly getting the gen 5. The HSV roll out on the Gen 5 could be as early as the end of 2013. There may well be some significant infotainment changes in the VF so there could be some issues in the early ones? The other thing is pricing. If you go the VF they will make you pay full retail which, assuming the base pricing is similar would be something like $47,000 plus on roads of about $3,000 for a base SS VF. After a while however, the discounting will begin.

My humble opinion woould be to go and buy yourself a brand spanking SS-Z now, pay low 40's drive away and enjoy the additional standard features like the partial leather, reversing camera and sensors, the lovely charcoal 19's etc and enjoy it!!!!!! If you sold it in 5 years, history tells us you will get low to mid 20's for it if you look after it. Can't argue with that!

Matt

mondo74

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ssv sportwagon redline
i was faced with this dilemma late last year and would normally have waited for the new model but you know what? i love the look of the VE sportwagon so grabbed the discount with both hands. im sure the VF in SS spec is going to be close to $7-10K more than what you'll get a run out for. enough for susp, wheels, exhaust and intake/tune!

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
To the OP. This has got to be the most childish full of ########s car forum on the internets in Aus.

Its like all the idiots from Street commodores forum have migrated here. The amount of crap/bad
information on here is staggering to say the least. If your not already on there, i would definetly sign
up to the ls1.com.au forum. It is much much more mature.(and moderated to stop **** like this).

LOL so why are you still here? LS1 forums are the most over moderated car forum to the point of being a joke. All so the cry babies like you and your mate here can be wrapped in cotton wool because they have no sense of humour and sook over petty things. The moderation here is more than adequate, dont like it? Then go to LS1 and dont come back, you and your box of tissues wont be missed.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
LS1.. Thread locked this question was asked back in 2002.. Use more specific search parameters next time.

This forum is so much more interesting.