Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchasing a 2012 ve ss commodore

hsvgtr

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing atm
Lol someone needs some mood medication and a reality check.

The reality is that i asked a genuine question and you had to make a mockery of it . I also don't appreciate people advising me to "Harden the fark up " ...

VTSSLS1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 A4 227rwkw
ah, you beat me to it! Don't think they'll bring that back in 2013! Maybe they'll do a VA as the last commodore, but doubt it.

As for the OP, I say go the VE, it's a big saving, and being one of the last should have most issues sorted out. Getting the first of anything IMO is asking for trouble. Yes it'll be covered under warranty, but still inconvenient.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Do you want the latest Commodore, or the outgoing model?

That's as hard as the equation has to get. As for price, what does Series I pricing have to do with a Series II in the scheme of things?

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
The reality is that i asked a genuine question and you had to make a mockery of it . I also don't appreciate people advising me to "Harden the fark up " ...

Youre throwing a childish tantrum over nothing, grow up.

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
If it takes something as little as that to BLATANTLY offend you I'd hate to say something that's well... Actually offensive.

Get the VE, the VF will cost more for a few different body panels and that's about it. Who cares if its the new model?
Really if it was me, I'd just wait till the VF came out and get a runout VE for 10K less.
Hopefully none of this BLATANTLY offends you.

Isn't the VF SS going to have the more powerful V8 in it? I forget what it is but fair bit more powerful than current V8

Personally I've never liked the idea of getting a 'Series 1' car due to problems they iron out once the Series 2 come out, if it were me I'd just get a VE but if you can wait for a Series 2 or not worry about potential problems go for the Series 1

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
I didn't know about that, 'the more powerful v8'. Surely it's not going to be 6.2L in the entry level V8 (the SS) ?

frogsta

Perth WA
Reaction score
Members Ride
Focus ST E30
Idk look it up I'm on my phone so bit difficult but something about newer corvette engine can't recall

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Get the bog stock VF SS when it's released for $45k or wait till the release is announced and get the VE SSV Z (redline) for $42k. Depends what you want, the latest and greatest but bare bones, or tried and tested with everything.

I must admit, that's a hard choice. If it were me (and it was not so long ago) I'd save my bikkies as hard as possible for the next 6 months and get the VF SSV and drive the bargain down to the $48k mark.

hsvgtr

Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing atm
Youre throwing a childish tantrum over nothing, grow up.

Listen buddy , I'm not going to drop to your level anymore. I have many valid suggestions now , which is what i was hoping to achieve from my original post ..