Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Purchasing from the United States and bring home in suitcase

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
Just checked. It is 100% 2x23kg pieces of baggage.
As for the magnet issue, she wasnt 100% sure but says there shouldnt be and issue but to confirm with costums. From their side they are not phased.
So looks like some cheap Bose speakers comeing home woop woop lol

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine
I would pack them well. You say you haven't travelled before so be warned that they don't pick your cases up and carry them nicely onto the plane and stack them gently. They throw them into the hold, then throw others baggage on top. You could find you get home to broken speakers.

MasterOfReality

Miners go deeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
2019 LC Sahara TTDV8, 1991 VP Calais V8
^^ yep.

Sometimes when I travel to mine sites, I just chuck my helmet into my checked baggage.

Judging by the depth of the indent it makes on everything below it, there must be a hell of a lot of weight sitting on top. For example if people pack 20 kg on average, and your bag happens to be the first one in, five bags on top means 100kg load.

I personally wouldn't check the speakers in - I would hand carry them if they allow you to, or at least ask them to place a fragile tag on the bag (I do this with tool bags).

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
Weight would be your only concern.

When I went to california I went on a spending spree, just boxed everything up and sent it home in the post. Best bet I reckon!

smokem

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx ss 5.7
i import from all over the world and all Aust customs are worried bout is a buck.

you declare em and youll be paying a bit if you tell em a grand!

i ship liquor (mainly jack daniels sealed bottles) every bottle they find i get hit with a 30 buck bill fo each 750 ml so it becomes expensive.

ive only been done by customs about 5 times out of about 200 shippments.

my opinion is ship it through usps in a few boxes, they started an express service not long ago so you
can now have in 7 days from usa to Australia declare it as second hand and tell em ya paid bugger all for it!! send instruction manuals in a seperate envelope!

when it gets to tullamarine if ya pack it killer so it takes ages for em to unwrapp it sometimes they too lazy and just pass it through
then youll get it tax free..

at worse case youll only get the same bill youd have got in Australian airport and you have a month to pay it anyway.