Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

QLD VN Wagon

WisdomFist

I got moves I never use !
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Hi everyone,

I have been checking out the forum for a while and really enjoying all the posts so I have decide to contribute also. I currently have have a stock VN Wagon executive. It is 'Platinum Gold' in color with the Brown interior. Power steer and Aircon, 3.8L auto. It also had a 2 1/2 inch exhaust from the last owner.

That is it as far as options go so fairly run of the mill.

The car is in pretty clean shape, drives really well and is all there baring the occasional missing trim piece. The paint is starting to go a little especially on the roof and on the hood. I will probably fix that in the next week or so. I don't plan any real mods just to keep it clean and tidy up the appearance to something I'm happy with for a daily run around.

I have one picture now but there will be more to come as I modify. Please feel free to leave comments and advice as you see fit.

Cheers to all look forward to chatting!

ps. I am in Brisbane and currently looking for some parts if anyone has them or knows of any?!!

King Springs: (super low for front and rear) sedan/wagon

Wheels: some interceptors/pursuits rims with or without tires or ANY other GMH rim up to VX.

Trim: any grills,side trim /spats eg Calais, SS ect.

( Please feel free to PM me)
That's about it so thanks again for reading!
-
WisdomFist

Attachments

• VN.jpg
    VN.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 1,909

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Looks good mate. Got plenty of potential. Should look good once you've lowered it and so on :thumbsup: How much did you buy it for? Ebay has plenty of aftermarket parts for VN commy's. If you cant find anything check it out. I just bought a chrome grille for my Berlina wagon of ebay and it looks really good

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Hi Guys,

I M Hving trouble getting the original steering wheel off. Have taken off everything down to just the spline and wheel. It seems to be stuck there, have tried pulling it, hitting it , wd40 ect and even tried a steering wheel puller but it bent the puller before it would move the wheel forward.

Are these ever known to stick or have problems coming off?

Any ideas?

Thanks,

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Looks good mate. Got plenty of potential. Should look good once you've lowered it and so on :thumbsup: How much did you buy it for? Ebay has plenty of aftermarket parts for VN commy's. If you cant find anything check it out. I just bought a chrome grille for my Berlina wagon of ebay and it looks really good

Hey, Thanks for that!

Yeah I think it will look nice and clean once lowered with a set of updated rims.

The car was kind of a hand me down from a good mate, not to bad huh!

I have checked out ebay and yeah there is a heap of stuff on there. I am tossing up weather to go a different grill or to paint the original. Thats all the body mods I really want. Maybe color coding the bumpers also, but it seems like a lot of effort for what the car is and I kind of like the period look.

Anything you have seen that others have done that looks good?

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Hey, here's an update. I finished putting in the stereo yesterday. VDO mp3 head unit, response 400w 4ch amp, sony 6x9 (rear), response 5 1/2 inc (front & amped) pioneer (12inch). not bad for free seeing as it was all left overs I had lying around the place. will put some pics up soon.

I have debadged the car also, now all is left is the lowering wheels and tint. I'm still looking for wheels and lowered springs if anyone has any for sale.

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Here is a photoshoped pic with the wheels I am thinking about getting, it will have to be lowered also of course. I dont want to go to big, I want to keep it clean and almost stock looking but just with a nicer set of rims and a better height and stance.

I like the vx s 16 inch 5 spokes or even the VT ss rims inch 16 or 17 inch but the calais one are not too bad either.

What do you guys think, opinions or any ideas?

2822334303_aff34257d9.jpg

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Hey, Thanks for that!

Yeah I think it will look nice and clean once lowered with a set of updated rims.

The car was kind of a hand me down from a good mate, not to bad huh!

I have checked out ebay and yeah there is a heap of stuff on there. I am tossing up weather to go a different grill or to paint the original. Thats all the body mods I really want. Maybe color coding the bumpers also, but it seems like a lot of effort for what the car is and I kind of like the period look.

Anything you have seen that others have done that looks good?

No worries :thumbsup: Have you looked at the Altezza lights for the VN's? They look pretty good and they only cost around $180.
119952.jpg

Something else I saw that was pretty cool was chromed door handles and window trimmings. I found pictures of a VS wagon which had it done on carsales which looks really good. (See attachments) Hope that helps abit

Attachments

• 3489708.jpg
    3489708.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 3,545
  • 3489648.jpg
    3489648.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 2,520
  • 3489700.jpg
    3489700.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 1,354

89berlina

Reaction score
Members Ride
1989 VN Berlina
Here is a photoshoped pic with the wheels I am thinking about getting, it will have to be lowered also of course. I dont want to go to big, I want to keep it clean and almost stock looking but just with a nicer set of rims and a better height and stance.

I like the vx s 16 inch 5 spokes or even the VT ss rims inch 16 or 17 inch but the calais one are not too bad either.

What do you guys think, opinions or any ideas?

2822334303_aff34257d9.jpg

Reckon it'll look good. Should be able to pick up a set of those rims on ebay for cheap. Should look good when its lowered too

WisdomFist

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive Wagon
Hey Guys,

Someone at my work here in Brissy is selling there grandfathers car. It is a vp berlina, light blue, one owner, alwyas garaged and looks to be mint. Spread the word they are asking for $3500 so and are negotiable. I reckon there is a great buy to be had if anyone is in the market. I would get it myslef if I ahd the $$.