Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Quesion VZ Calais

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
I don't know why some people can have a cry about us talking about doing burnouts..

It's a bloody commodore forum, what do you expect??

And yeah, they can both easily do Burnouts, just turn TC off and go for it!!

In saying that, don't get a VZ for burnouts, they are bloody great cars, and shouldn't be treated like ****...

I agree 100% with you mate. Everyone has done burnouts on the street, i dont care what they say. What are they doing on a modified car site???

Last edited:

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
I agree 100% with you mate. Everyone has done burnouts on the street, i dont care what they say. What are they doing on a modified car site???

its not just a modified car site, its a commodore enthusiasts site, and we are not all bloody hoons, either keep it legal, on the track or the skidpan.. Gives a bad name when retard P Platers wrap there commodores around a tree becuase they dont know how to control a car.. In saying that though, i am a 'spirited' driver but there is a time, place and way to discuss these 'issues' and i dont believe a car forum is neither.

Why do you think the government brought in modified car rules, and horsepower restrictions? Simply because there were too many commodores and WRX's smacking up against tree's killing young kids..

impulsive

Alloytec Racing
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Alloytec
I don't know why some people can have a cry about us talking about doing burnouts..

It's a bloody commodore forum, what do you expect??

And yeah, they can both easily do Burnouts, just turn TC off and go for it!!

In saying that, don't get a VZ for burnouts, they are bloody great cars, and shouldn't be treated like ****...

We are not having a 'cry' mate i think you need to step back and reshape your argument and i fully agree with the fact that they are nice cars why treat them like ****, Isn't that why there are Datsun's and Nissans?

S

StealthCalais

Hmm well not having ever tried doing a burnout in my car... not sure as to if the Calais are capable. But I have found a couple of times when I have put the foot down at like a stop sign turning left onto a road, i think one of the rear wheels has slipped out just for half a second. It could be the ESP kicking in. When its wet the wheels definately slip out easily off the lights with everything switched on.

I havent turned off the ESP to try anything crazy, so cant help you there... I'm not going to try either.

But heres a video of some moron in a calais like mine doing doughnuts at the beach

Seems a bit unfair to do things like that to such a great car, but each to their own I guess, their problem.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiGKNjLPKKs

Kal123

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 && 180sx
Hahaha that video is ****ed, what a complete wanker..

As if you would do that in such a nice car..

S

StealthCalais

Yeah shocking hey! Hard to imagine what goes through some peoples heads sometimes... clearly not much! Couldn't ever bring myself to do that to my car.

VZ_SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS
its not just a modified car site, its a commodore enthusiasts site, and we are not all bloody hoons, either keep it legal, on the track or the skidpan.. Gives a bad name when retard P Platers wrap there commodores around a tree becuase they dont know how to control a car.. In saying that though, i am a 'spirited' driver but there is a time, place and way to discuss these 'issues' and i dont believe a car forum is neither.

Why do you think the government brought in modified car rules, and horsepower restrictions? Simply because there were too many commodores and WRX's smacking up against tree's killing young kids..

I know where your coming from mate, there is a time and a place, which a lot of younger drivers do not understand nor take into account. Every set of traffic lights is not a drag strip. I dont believe everyone on here is a "bloody hoon", but really to discuss these on a "commodore enthusiasts site" as you call it, seems more than appropriate. At the end of the day, and this may be sweeping statement, anyone who modifys there car to go faster, only a small % actually take it to the track. And your comment about P plate restrictions, pretty sure you can kill( and others) in any car you drive. Not trying to start crap, jusr my point of view

crazy2009

Reaction score
Members Ride
Calais 2005 VZ V6
So in short if I just turn off the ESP on my 2005 VZ Calais it will pretty much drop a burnout Y/N with encouragement :)

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
yes piece of piss. were u do it is up 2 u, but dont come crying if u wrap around a tree