Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Question about logic and buying a VE

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Good point, there is going to be the mother of all ve garage sales very soon, only thing is Holden is aware of it and will not be holding much ve stock when the vf arrives, so be ready if thats what you decide

beattun

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Wagon
Thanks for the tips, I had considered holding out until the VF comes out and see if theres a firesale of sorts of the VE, but my rego is up in march and as stupid as it might sound I am reluctant to spend another $500+ on my current car, again this is where logic comes into it, I could save thousands by waiting. Head says wait for the wagon to come down a bit and heart says go for the ute, also I'm keen on the 5 year warranty and capped price servicing.

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Thanks for the tips, I had considered holding out until the VF comes out and see if theres a firesale of sorts of the VE, but my rego is up in march and as stupid as it might sound I am reluctant to spend another $500+ on my current car, again this is where logic comes into it, I could save thousands by waiting. Head says wait for the wagon to come down a bit and heart says go for the ute, also I'm keen on the 5 year warranty and capped price servicing.

Are you looking to sell your current car or trade it in? If you're going private sale, the extra $500 on rego might get you a bit more on your asking price. If you're trading in, it doesnt matter as much.

If you do sell your car when the rego runs out, privatly, and as you only do a few hundred km's a week, maybe buying a $1,000-$2,000 daily for a few months just to get you to work, use the golf as your practical car. And then when the VF is released, you're in the market for a new car, have the money and can get yourself a great deal.

T-Bone75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline, VC resto
If you have the chance to get a ute now, grasp it with both hands. Because it'll be your last chance for a while (15-20 years) if a family comes along...

mannypapa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Commodore Sportswagon SV6-Z series
I knew I wanted a wagon after owning a Hilux surf. The space is amazing! But my main decision was V6 or V8. Loved the V8 but I wouldn't use it other than giving it the beans every time and burning petrol.
At the time the SV6 didn't have leather standard and navigation etc that were all extra costs, add them up and its a SSV.... So I waited..... and the Z series came out, so when the time came, I bought the SV6Z Wagon. Love it, right amount of power/economy and cheaper insurance.

But one day, I will get a V8 for some fun, the SS's are cheap now, in the 20's.

But that was my dilemma that lasted for over a year (yes over a year I waited). But I did promise the 1st dealer I went to that I would buy from him. So he was glad to see me after a year :p